Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I have an excel spreadsheet that has all my hours worked by…

Customer Question
I have an excel...

I have an excel spreadsheet that has all my hours worked by week for a particular employer over the last 20+ years. It's almost 400 lines of data. I've made a chart showing hours worked over that time period but because there are a lot of gaps in work I'm not getting the chart I want to see which would show *all* the time since my first week ending 3/17/1995. that's been 1,185 week but I only have data for 397. I want to be able to make a chart that includes all those weeks that I didn't work for them. Is there a fast easy way to do this? I'm completely Excel ignorant but I'm guessing that I start by "filling in" the empty weeks?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

OS X 10.11.something

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Excel?

I just installed it?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Um, I have no idea where I am or how this works? do I pay somebody in advance? after? just my first hit under a google search for Excel Help

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Programming
Hi, anybody home?
I know, I walked away from this yesterday without buying so I may be lost at the end of some queue.
I'm just not sure you're the people I need to talk to but I figure five bucks is an okay amount to gamble to find out.
Trying to clean up and expand an excel spreadsheet to make a nice chart but I know nothing about Excel.
Hoping these posts are the equivalent of a mouse jiggle in whatever queue I "sort of" started about 12 hours ago.
But I want it all to be weeks and also I want it to be complete, meaning a complete timeline, including the weeks and hours I didn't work, one line-entry/data-point per week.
I hope this delay isn't permanent. Maybe I need to start over?
ah, okay. I just RTFMed and learned this might take a bit. I'll try to stay near the computer for a few hours.
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/1/2017
Programmer: The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer replied 7 months ago
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your question and will be back in a moment with my reply.

i only see about 400 lines of data in the file you sent, and dont see any filtering enabled.

um, I sent you the original file that I got from their server, before I started mucking around and possibly ruining it.
I don't know what filtering is. sorry I refused the remote access I just need to know if that's in addition to the $46?
I'm guessing it's short work for an expert, I'm just broke and fighting for my disability (why I need this paperwork) so I need to know exactly how much I'm getting in for here.
You can definitely have remote access, I just need to know if that's an additional $40 bringing us over the ceiling of what I can afford.
I'll do it if you think it's quick work
did you see the screen shot?
I'm a grap[hics guy so I'm trying to do this in Illustrator.

sorry i have no idea how to build that

an excel chart of all my union work, including the time I didn't work as an income flat-line, that's the file I need to need to layer into the Illustrator graphic. it's just the data in the chart in the first jpeg screenshot I sent.
thanks for finding someone else. I appreciate it.
anybody there?
hello? Anyone?