Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

WS_ftp Pro need to move from an older server with batch

Customer Question
WS_ftp Pro need to...

WS_ftp Pro need to move from an older server with batch files an schedules

Technician's Assistant: Is there a specific language you're coding in?

On a Windows server

Technician's Assistant: What's your objective? How can we solve this for you?

I have an old Server 2003 that we are de-activating. I have a batch that runs 3 different connections and downloads a file. Need to move everything to new server.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?

I am receiving an error when I try to run old program, suspect it is an old version that no longer works - may need to upgrade.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Programming
12/1/2017
Programmer: syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 6 months ago
syseng
syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.

What operating system is running on the new server?

Also, can you post the batch files here so I can review them?

Windows Server 2012 R2
The batch file goes to carriers system and downloads a file with our delivery confirmation/tracking data for packages processed through the carrier and writes the flat file to my linux server where I process the data into my DB
When I try to run any of the scripts I get the error in the attached screenshot.Batch File: ftp.bat
"F:/WS_FTP pro/ftpscrpt.exe" -f "F:/WS_FTP pro/FEDEXget.scp"
"F:/WS_FTP pro/ftpscrpt.exe" -f "F:/WS_FTP pro/ABSOLSOFTget.scp"
"F:/WS_FTP pro/ftpscrpt.exe" -f "F:/WS_FTP pro/USPSget.scp"pause
F: is mapped to server \\mixondc3\officeHere is the FEDEXget.scp content
TRACE C:\transfertrace_Fedex.txt
LOG C:\transferlog_Fedex.txt
USER MIXON
PASS MIXON
CONNECT www.ec.fedex.com
LCD r:\transfers\FEDEX\updates
MGET BULKTRK\*
CLOSE

Thank you for the additional information. I would first recommend running the program and executables in compatibility mode. To do that right click on each executable involved and click Properties then click the Compatibility tab. Then select the "Run this Program in Compatibility Mode For" check box and select Windows Server 2003. Then select the Run this Program as Administrator and click Apply then click OK.

Once all executables have been configured to run in compatibility mode, test to see if the issue still occurs.

Please let me know the result.

Do you need further assistance?

Didn't see your reply earlier. I realized that the program is actually running on a newer server (mapped f:) and the only thing running on the old server is the task schedule and batch file. I haven't done anything with the program for years and I don't know how to run the script manually.

Ok, so just to clarify, you need to move the batch file to the new server as well?

Do you still need assistance?