Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I want to write a flowchart before i do one on software and…

Customer Question
Hi, i want to...

Hi, i want to write a flowchart before i do one on software and just need ideas please

Technician's Assistant: What programs and versions are you using?

Picaxe 6 logicator

Technician's Assistant: What is your ideal outcome? How can we solve this for you?

The ideal outcome would be to put on paper a quick flowchart that i can follow in order to move on to software

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Programming
11/22/2017
Programmer: syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 7 months ago
syseng
syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.

First, please provide details on the application so I can better assist you with the flowchart.

Also, would it help if I provide you with a Visio diagram as well?

Hi David, Yes that is fine to provide a Visio too. This is the application of what I would like to do. A
3-storey building has a lift The lift
has buttons that are used to control its operation.
On Ground Floor - L0:
G: This button is pressed by passengers on the ground floor that to call the lift.
On 1st Floor – L1:
U1: This button is pressed by passengers requesting the lift and wishing to go up to
L2
D1: This button is pressed by passengers requiring the lift and wishing to descend
to L0
On 2nd Floor – L2:
D2: This button is pressed by passengers requesting the lift and wanting to
descend.
Inside the lift: there are three buttons
L0: This button is pressed by passengers wishing to go to Ground Floor.
L1: This button is pressed by passengers wishing to go to 1st Floor.
L2: This button is pressed by passengers wishing to go to 2nd Floor.
The buttons control two motors:
- A motor moving the lift up and down.
- A motor opening the inner lift doors. The lift’s inside doors are linked to the
doors on each floor when the lift arrives, so no additional motor for opening
the outer doors on each floor are needed.
Operation of the Lift:
- When the lift reaches a floor, the doors open for 15 seconds to allow
passengers to enter or to leave, before closing its door and continuing its operation.
- The lift decides to proceed to the next level (up or down by
monitoring the L0, L1 and L2 buttons).
- The lift gives an up or down command to the electric motor that moves it up
and down between floors.
- It takes 12 seconds for the lift to move between floors.
- The lift control must give an open door command to open the doors when
needed.
- There must also be a close door command to close the doors. Thank you.
Programmer: syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 6 months ago

By when do you need it completed?

Would like to have it done over as soon as possible if that’s ok

Ok then I will work to complete it tomorrow - will that work for you?

that would be great thank you

My apologies for the delay. The flowchart is taking a bit longer than expected.

That's ok

Thank you for your patience. I expect to finish and post it for you today.

Ok that great, thank you and I look forward to seeing it.
Hi, how is the flow chart going ?

Hello - I will be posting it here for you this afternoon - sorry again for the delay.