Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

Or whatever it is there where you are) I am trying to fix my…

Customer Question
Good morning (or whatever...

Good morning (or whatever it is there where you are)

Technician's Assistant: What programs and versions are you using?

I am trying to fix my wordpress categories...i kind of made a mess of the whole thing what i would like to do is simply remove all categries (but not the posts) and start from scratch, if that is possible

Technician's Assistant: What is your ideal outcome? How can we solve this for you?

I am using wordpress...i want to remove or rename categories please

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?

I think that is it for now

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Programming
11/19/2017
Programmer: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. You didn't mention whether you were the full version of WordPress, hosted, or whether you're using WordPress.com. Fortunately, with either one, you can delete a category, and the posts will not be removed or deleted, the posts will automatically be added to the default category. “Uncategorized” is the default category. unless you've changed in the Settings > Writing panel. I do advise that before you begin deleting categories, you check to make sure that you know what your default category is, so you will know where to find them.

Once you are sure that the default category is set to your satisfaction you can begin deleting categories, safe in the knowledge that the posts will all be moved into the default category, and you can delete all other categories.

When you're ready, to delete a category, go to Posts > Categories and select Delete. After that you can start to create new categories and organize the posts and categories to your liking.

Here's a link to information that shoudl be very helpful to you as you create new categories and begin to organize your WordPress site.

https://lorelle.wordpress.com/2012/09/13/adding-deleting-and-changing-a-wordpress-category/.

If the information that I have provided has been helpful, please kindly rate my service so I will receive credit for my efforts. You can give your rating by selecting one of the five stars located on the top right of the question page. Hopefully, I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. If you have any other questions or if you need more help, just let me know. I am committed to working with you until you are completely satisfied.

I also invite you to contact me directly for any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2nG6XLy and ask for GeekGal. Thank you!