Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

I'm having trouble installing a small python package in

Customer Question
Hi there, I'm having trouble...
Hi there, I'm having trouble installing a small python package in winpython
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: it's my personal computer, but i don't have a lot of experience with winpython
JA: What is your ideal outcome? How can we solve this for you?
Customer: i need to install the package...
JA: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i assume this is automated, no
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Programming
11/19/2017
Programmer: syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 25 days ago
syseng
syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.

What is the name and version of the operating system to which you are installing the package?

Do any errors appear when you attempt the install?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I'm running WinPython-64bit-3.5.3.1Qt5 on Windows 10. Pandoc ships with WinPython, but I've also installed that separately. I used pip in the WinPython Command Prompt to install pandoc-fignos in the usual waypip install pandoc-fignosWhich gives the following error:C:\Users\ned\WinPython-64bit-3.5.3.1Qt5\scripts>pip install pandoc-fignos
Collecting pandoc-fignos
Using cached pandoc-fignos-0.21.1.tar.gz
Collecting pandoc-xnos>=0.9 (from pandoc-fignos)
Downloading pandoc-xnos-0.11.tar.gz
Requirement already satisfied: pandocfilters in c:\users\ned\winpython-64bit-3.5.3.1qt5\python-3.5.3.amd64\lib\site-packages (from pandoc-fignos)
Collecting pandoc-attributes (from pandoc-fignos)
Using cached pandoc-attributes-0.1.7.tar.gz
Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "C:\Users\ned\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-build-gviziktm\pandoc-attributes\setup.py", line 5, in <module>
long_description = pypandoc.convert('README.md', 'rst')
File "C:\Users\ned\WinPython-64bit-3.5.3.1Qt5\python-3.5.3.amd64\lib\site-packages\pypandoc\__init__.py", line 66, in convert
raise RuntimeError("Format missing, but need one (identified source as text as no "
RuntimeError: Format missing, but need one (identified source as text as no file with that name was found).----------------------------------------
Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in C:\Users\ned\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-build-gviziktm\pandoc-attributes\Looking at it closer I assume something went wrong with installing pandoc-attributes? The same error occurs if I try to install only that package.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I'd rather not give remote access, sorry.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Why was I charged $66 already? I haven't received any help yet.
ATLPROG
ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer