Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

How do I write this formula correctly in excel? Excel 2010…

Hello Pearl How do...

Hello Pearl How do I write this formula correctly in excel?

Technician's Assistant: What programs and versions are you using?

Excel 2010 =IF('Jan-NOV'!E3orE4orE5orE6orE7orE8orE9="461y256","Y","N")

Technician's Assistant: What is your ideal outcome? How can we solve this for you?

I need the cell to say yes or no if the course number "461y256" is found in the range E3:E9

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?

No, im a novice at this so any knowledge you give me is great.

11/18/2017
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your question and will be back in a moment with my reply.

i would do something like this

=IF(COUNTIF(E3:E9,"461y256")>=1,"Yes","No")

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

let me know if you have any questions, problems, or concerns

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO RATE SO I AM PAID FOR MY TIME

IT WILL NOT COST ANYTHING ADDITIONAL BEYOND THE VALUE OF YOUR QUESTION

TO RATE, CLICK THE STARS AT THE TOP OF YOUR SCREEN

Do not rate negatively, instead continue the conversation with me so I can address any of your concerns

*** REMEMBER TO APPLY BONUS, THIS IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED AS IT IS HOW I MAKE A LIVING ***

if you have any questions in the future you can visit my profile

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-1expert-2rulethemall/s

and ask a question right in my box,

also you can put "PC Guy only" in your question title if you want to get to me.

any success with that formula?

The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer