Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

I have a form created in a PHP file. In the form there is a

dropdown menu with two options...
I have a form created in a PHP file. In the form there is a dropdown menu with two options for selection. I would like the form to redirect to a certain page based on which option is selected. So when all the information is filled out and the submit button is clicked, the page redirects based on whether Option A or Option B has been selected.The website in question is epicnutraskin.comYou will see in the form that there is a 'Please Select Amount' dropdown. These are the two options I am referring to.
10/10/2017
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your question and will be back in a moment with my reply.

Sounds great. Thanks Andrew.

here is how you would achieve something like this.

<form action="<?php echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; ?>" method="post">
<select name="redirect">
<option value="1">Page 1</option>
<option value="2">Page 2</option>
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="submit" />
</select>
</form>
<?php
$page1 = "http://whateverfirstpageurlis.com";
$page2 = "http://whateversecondpageurlis.com";

if (isset($_POST['submit'])) {
if ((isset($_POST['redirect'])) and ($_POST['redirect'] = 1)) {
header("location:$page1");
} elseif ((isset($_POST['redirect'])) and ($_POST['redirect'] = 2)) {
header("location:$page2");
} else {
echo "make selection";
} //end if
} //end if
?>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

let me know if you have any questions, problems, or concerns

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO RATE SO I AM PAID FOR MY TIME

IT WILL NOT COST ANYTHING ADDITIONAL BEYOND THE VALUE OF YOUR QUESTION

TO RATE, CLICK THE STARS AT THE TOP OF YOUR SCREEN

Do not rate negatively, instead continue the conversation with me so I can address any of your concerns

***REMEMBER THIS IS HOW I MAKE A LIVING, YOU HAVE THE OPTION TO ADD A BONUS WHEN RATING AND ANY BONUS WOULD BE APPRECIATED***

if you have any questions in the future you can visit my profile

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-1expert-2rulethemall/

and ask a question right in my box,

also you can put "PC Guy only" in your question title if you want to get to me.

you can modify displayed options and urls for your needs, but this will give you a template for how something like this might be achieved.

Thank you, ***** ***** going to try this and get back to you with questions.

sorry I made a typeo in the above code should be

<select name="redirect">
<option value="1">Page 1</option>
<option value="2">Page 2</option>
</select>
</form>
<?php

if (isset($_POST['submit'])) {
if ((isset($_POST['redirect'])) and ($_POST['redirect'] == 1)) {
header("location:$page1");
} elseif ((isset($_POST['redirect'])) and ($_POST['redirect'] == 2)) {
header("location:$page2");
} else {
echo "make selection";
} //end if
} //end if
?>

For some reason my page cannot be access now that I've added this code. I am getting an http error 500 - "this page isnt working"
Let me retry with this new code that doesnt have a typo
I am still getting the same error message with this new code.

um, are you sure you saved with a .php extension

do other .php pages work on the same server?

it is saved as .php and yes there are other php pages that are working on the server. I wonder if I should edit the .htaccess file in any way?

maybe

lets try a simple test

<?php

echo "simple test";

?>

save that code into a .php file and try it and see what happens

https://epicnutraskin.com/test.phpIt works.

but if you copy the code that I sent you from above into the same file and save it and upload it, it doesnm't work?

Correct, once I copy this code into the test file, it does not work. I wonder if it may be something with the $_SERVER code...

could be a settings.

I would reccomend doing a remote session now so I can connect to your computer and see what is going on?

The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer
Let me contact my hosting provider. If they arent able to resolve this then I may accept this screen sharing offer.

ok,

do you have teamviewer installed?

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/

say it is for personal use when installing it.

Let me know what that has been done

I have installed and am ready

on the left side under allow remote contol you should see

Your ID and passowrd, i will need both of that info.

you can enter it here should be a link for entering contact info, use that to make it more secure

ID: 189 230 531
Pass: hy4v29
I am using dreamweaver to code this page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and ask a question right in my box,

Sounds good. Thanks pc guy!
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer