Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

What programing/ course would you learn before learning

WireShark?...
What programing/ course would you learn before learning WireShark?
10/10/2017
syseng
syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.

There are training courses and books on to use Wireshark however the content of a Wireshark training course or "how to" book would be extremely challenging at best without knowledge of standard network protocols and hardware. So before learning Wireshark I would strongly recommend taking a foundational network training course that includes content required for a certification such as CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) or the Comptia Network + certification. Training such as this should include the function of switches, routers, bridges, and hubs; training regarding network cables and connectors, convey an in-depth understanding of the OSI model; teach TCP/IP at all OSI layers, gain an understanding of subnetting, and familiarize regarding other protocols supported by Wireshark that are still in use such as NetBios. By understanding these foundational components of networking, someone taking training Wireshark will be prepared with the foundational understanding they need to fully utilize Wireshark training.

If you need further assistance please let me know.

Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.

syseng
syseng, Computer Systems Engineer