Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

How to I programmatically find how many Characters / glyph…

Customer Question
How to I programmatically...

How to I programmatically find how many Characters / glyph are in a font file so I can parse the file for the Unicode number of the last Glyph then display those on a control. Many fonts / font families have hundreds of character after the standard 256 characters

Technician's Assistant: What programs and versions are you using?

VB.net

Technician's Assistant: What is your ideal outcome? How can we solve this for you?

I need to list all of these inside a program rather than is a third party program out side the program I am using.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Programming
10/4/2017
Programmer: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Is it any font in particular?
Arial and Times New Roman both contain 1,674 glyphs.

Unicode fonts are the largest out there, and can contain 65,535 glyphs, which is the architectural glyph limit of font files, whether they are TrueType, OpenType, etc.

I am writing a program that need to loop through all the glyph in a font file to display all no normal glyphs; them be use a items in another form in windows

Ok, let me check if another programmer can assist you with this..

Programmer: George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
George Sibiya
George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer
Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for utilizing our services
I can give it a shot, please attach the files to be parsed or a link to them
Regards
G
George Sibiya
George Sibiya