Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

How can I make "average the default versus count in the

Customer Question
How can I make...

How can I make "average the default versus count in the values box of an excel pivot table

Technician's Assistant: What programs and versions are you using?

Microsoft 10, Excel lastest version in Office 365

Technician's Assistant: What is your ideal outcome? How can we solve this for you?

When i drag a field a item down from the field section to the Value section it always does the count function. I want to change the default to average. I have to change each one at a time. surely there is a way to change the default of count to default of average.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Programming
9/25/2017
Programmer: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Programmer: The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer replied 10 months ago
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer

if you click the values in the values box where you see a drop down arrow then select value field setttings from the menue that opens up.

alternatively you can right click the field heading in the table and get value field settings that way

You are wrong or did not understand my question. When I do either step you gave me it only effects one row in the field I know how to do that but want to know if I can change the default from count to average when I drag new rows into section.
Do you understand. Please call me so we can talk or answer my question.

unfortunately, there is no way to change the default behavior in excel. But I can write some vba code with a macro that you can run that can change all value fields in the selected pivot table to a specific type.