Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

I HAVE SOME INVOICES NUMBERS AND A I WANT TO MATCH THE

HI ***** INVOICES NUMBERS AND...
HI ***** INVOICES NUMBERS AND A I WANT TO MATCH THE INVOICES STATUS WITH VLOOKUP FORMULA
JA: Is there a specific language you're coding in?
Customer: I USE VLOOK UP FORMULA OR I MUST USE ANITHER FORMULA
JA: What's your objective? How can we solve this for you?
Customer: Please Vlookup against invoice numbers using data in the 2nd tab to find out the invoice status of the invoice numbers given
Please Vlookup against invoice numbers using data in the 2nd tab to find out the invoice status of the invoice numbers given
JA: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
8/25/2017
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your question and will be back in a moment with my reply.

can you send a sample file with some sample data in the same format.

i send you the file
it will be difficult find a solution
is the question
any progress

yes

so you just want column B from the 2nd sheet to goto the first sheet column F?

for now i need an solution can you provide me

yes

you were on the right track the formula you had was correct, but you need to change the format from text to general to get an answer

this is the formula for reference

=VLOOKUP(A2,Data!A:B,2,FALSE)

now it will display NA when it cant find the number

do you want it to display something else when it cant find the number?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

let me know if you have any questions, problems, or concerns

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO RATE SO I AM PAID FOR MY TIME

IT WILL NOT COST ANYTHING ADDITIONAL BEYOND THE VALUE OF YOUR QUESTION

TO RATE, CLICK THE STARS AT THE TOP OF YOUR SCREEN

Do not rate negatively, instead continue the conversation with me so I can address any of your concerns

if you have any questions in the future you can visit my profile

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-1expert-2rulethemall/

and ask a question right in my box,

also you can put "PC Guy only" in your question title if you want to get to me.

find out the invoice status of the invoice numbers given

is that not what it does?

the invoice status was column B on the 2nd sheet, the formula i just gave applied to F2 and copied down will do it

do I need to send your sheet back with the formula in it?

The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer