Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

When accessing Excel, I receive the following message:

Customer Question
When accessing Excel, I...

When accessing Excel, I receive the following message: "Microsoft Office cannot verify the license for this product." I cannot get past this message. What do I need to do.

Technician's Assistant: What programs and versions are you using?

Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010. When I first downloaded Excel, it was just Microsoft Excel. At some unknown time, the title was changed to Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010. SInce then I have not been able to get past the previous statement.

Technician's Assistant: What is your ideal outcome? How can we solve this for you?

Get rid of this message so I can access my Excel spreadsheets and data files.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?

Do I need to renew the license or purchase an updated version. Cost, etc.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Programming
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/22/2017
Programmer: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Let's get started with a remote session so that I can check Excel at your screen now. Please open up the following link:

https://www.fastsupport.com/738161982
Follow the on-screen prompts to open/run the remote file, and click Yes when prompted to allow the remote connection. We will then be connected.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Connected now; thank you.

Hi again, I got disconnected from your screen for some reason; please leave me a reply on here when you get this, and I'll then set up another remote session and assist further.

Still getting the same message regarding license expired. Cannot open Excel. Your fix did not fix the problem. Next question. If I uninstall this version of Excel and install Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016, will that fix the problem. I know I will hce to purchase the newer version but I am on my last nerve with this.

Yes, we got disconnected earlier; let's go ahead with another remote session now. Please open up the following link:

https://www.fastsupport.com/778810008

You seem to have gone offline now, so I have closed out the above remote session as well. Coming to your question, you absolutely do not need to purchase Office 2016 - uninstalling and reinstalling your purchased Office 2010 program (as I was doing earlier before we got disconnected) will resolve this issue with Office.

Please do this when you are back on:

Right-click on the Start button at the bottom-left and then click RUN.

Type in appwiz.cpl at the RUN box and press ENTER.

Uninstall Office Home and Student 2010 from the list of installed programs.

Next, open up any folder window and then click on the Downloads folder at the top-left of that window.

In the Downloads folder, check for a Office 2010 setup file that I downloaded during our remote session, and open/run that file. Follow the on-screen prompts to reinstall Office 2010 accordingly.

Finally, re-open any Office program and check if this resolves your issue all right.

Do keep me posted on the results; if you face any issues, I'll set up another remote session and assist further. Thank you,

PS: I'll be going off for the day shortly and will be back to continue tomorrow morning. Please go through my last reply above and update me on the results on this page; you may get back to me anytime through your emails received from JustAnswer. Thanks again.

.