Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I have 2 lists in an excel spreadsheet, one is all customer…

i have 2 lists in...
i have 2 lists in an excel spreadsheet, one is all customer list, the other is who bought a certain item. what i need is to match the who bought list against the master to extract the info from multiple columns, to make a mailing list, I can send the worksheet to show what is needed.
when an entry that is in column I, matches column A, I need to extract from columns C.D.E.F.G and load them in N through R, for each matching row.
8/18/2017
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your question and will be back in a moment with my reply.

Thanks, ***** ***** questions you need if I was not thorough enough.
really no need to remote in as you have the spreadsheet.

if I understand your request correctly

put this formula in N2

=INDEX(D1:D50000,MATCH($H1:$H50000,$A1:$A50000,0))

then you can copy to the other columns that you need, then take all of the columns and copy the formula for as many rows as you need.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

let me know if you have any questions, problems, or concerns

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO RATE SO I AM PAID FOR MY TIME

IT WILL NOT COST ANYTHING ADDITIONAL BEYOND THE VALUE OF YOUR QUESTION

TO RATE, CLICK THE STARS AT THE TOP OF YOUR SCREEN

Do not rate negatively, instead continue the conversation with me so I can address any of your concerns

if you have any questions in the future you can visit my profile

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-1expert-2rulethemall/

and ask a question right in my box,

also you can put "PC Guy only" in your question title if you want to get to me.

It works, and returns just the city, how do I make it return the entire address and phone Number?

if you copied it to N2, then copy and paste from N2 to O2, P2 ect, it will pull the appropriate columns

or you can change the first range D1:D50000 to whatever column letter you want data from

The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer
I think I follow the formula, basically an "if" function with a match function inside of it. I'll try to fix and from there its just copy as you said. I also see this is cell to cell and not a row of cells.
Thanks, ***** ***** work with this.