Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I have a vba Excel userform which contains some textboxes,

Dear SirI have a vba...
Dear SirI have a vba Excel userform which contains some textboxes, comboboxes and command buttons.
This listbox populated with data from a worksheet (Sheet1), through a command button.
Values from a specific column (let's say column d) are hyperlinks for files (.pdf) which contained to a folder.What is asked:Values in the textbox which linked with cell range from specific column (column d), should be react as the cell values.Example:
Let's that we have the Worksheet "Sheet1".
in column "d" and cell "2" (D2) there is the value "1520".
This value is a hyperlink and When pressed by mouse's cursor, opens the .pdf file "1520.pdf".How we can to link the value of cell D2 (which is hyperlink), to the textbox?I mean how we can to "put/pass/reflect" a hyperlink to a textbox userform, in order to be able to press the mouse button on it and open the linked file?**INFORMATION**
1) Textbox value is NOT static. It means that textbox value it can be a range of cells (D2,D3,D5,D6 etc.)
2) Progamming Languange: VBA EXCELExample workbook provided as reference.Accepted solution must provide test workbook.Thanks In Advance
8/8/2017
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your question and will be back in a moment with my reply.

you can use the hyperlink.follow method in vba.

for example range("B2").hyperlink.follow

if you need more details, I would have to charge more as you chose the lowest payment option.

as far as having multiple links in a textbox this may not be possible, it may be possible to do a listbox with a select and a command button that when clicked would open the appropriate file.

again this would be extra cost.

George Sibiya
George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for utilising our services.

I can complete this, please advice if you still need help with it.

Regards,

G

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dear SirYes, unfortunately this issue it still remains unsolved.In the past you have answered me, another question (19 March 2017).
Your solution was very good. You are very good expert.
The price that i offered was Euro 25.00, but i can offer, plus, up to Euro 15.00 (total: 40.00).
Programming solution (in vba excel) is highly recommended.Please if new price is right for you, please let me know.Thanks In Advance

Ok no problem, I'll look at it shortly

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you very much sir.

Please download and run the form, click on the label and comment on its behaviour

Pleas also advice on how you would assign the hyperlinks to the labels and if the files are located in the same directory as the spreadsheet.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi,I have clicked on the label and opened properties window. I must do something in this window?
The name/caption of the label is not a static. Name/caption should be change regarding cell's value.When pass the mouse's cursor to the label should be becomes like when place it above a cell with hyperlink value.
The files are not located in same directory with spreadsheet.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I modified your code and is almost close to what i want to accomplish. How to loop between last used row, with command button 1?

Ok thanks let me look at it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dear SirAs i have received e-mail in order to rate your question, your last response through just answer site, was that:
"Ok thanks let me look at it"
For this reason i am still waiting for a response.
Please clarify if your last answer was the final.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
From your side, you have requested more nformation as per below:
"Pleas also advice on how you would assign the hyperlinks to the labels and if the files are located in the same directory as the spreadsheet."
But even for this, i received a response.
I can rate for this part of solution,but you will receive the initial price Euro 25.00.
Thanks.

I am till on it just had distractions.

I should be able to send you something to test in the next 2 hours

Regards,

G

Please download and try it out

I wasn't sure of the business rule so it assumes your links are in column D.

On selection from the combobox, it updates the link on the label

George Sibiya
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Kindly be informed the following:
1) I am getting this error message as shown to the attached picture file.
2) In the description, above "INFORMATION'', i have declared that range values is NOT STATIC, which means that
today may should be D2-D11,but tommorow shoud be D2-D150.
Your answer is only for static range.
3) Combobox value is not mentiioned to the description. I mentioned "Textbox" and "Label" controls only.
I would like to thank you for your answer,but it is not completed.
Thank you.