Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I want to calculate numbers of days from a start date to…

I want to calculate...

I want to calculate numbers of days from a start date to today or when I open in a week from now to that date. is it possible?

Technician's Assistant: Is there a specific language you're coding in?

No just looking for excel formula that will do it

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Excel?

Don't remember but my version is on the new side

7/30/2017
R Hefner
R Hefner, Computer Engineer and Instructor

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Do you want to do this in excel or another program

If you are using excel - I can give you instructions

Here is the function"

Start Date 4/30/1968 17987

End Date 7/29/2017

The function for C1 is =DATEDIF(B1,B2,"d") The key here is the "d" for days, and you can use "m" for months, "y" for years etc

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system at the top of the screen to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit.
Thank you for using justanswers and have a great day.

Richard H

R. Hefner - let say i put start day in a1 7-30-1988 at B1 i want to get days on market every time i open the file. calculated to today (without writing in A2 today's date. can it be done? - second i need to finish the payment as i called the credit card company to stop it as i did not get anything other than pay $5 to start and before i got an answer to pay $60 more. as you see the formula you gave me does not work. if you think phone call will work please call me at(###) ###-####thanks.

Answers to questions:

1. What do you means dates on market, do mean every day or just weekdays?

2. There is no way to have excel auto populate todays date, you have to add it

3. Did you format the cells to make them dates before adding the formula, if not the equation will not work

4. What time PST is good for you to help you through the formula

if you are talking about a good time today - any time will work. thank you

I will call you at 7 pm your time EST. I would also like to conduct a desktop share and will send you information to desktop share closer to the time. Can we confirm 7 PM EST

R Hefner
if needed there no problem to do it call at 7:00PM to(###) ###-####

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=aacb9fae-526e-41da-9f7b-1e2c4d5a1b04

Please go to this link and follow the instructions

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=c578fefb-77e3-4bb5-8824-9600ad3bad18

Please go to this link

https://secure.logmein.com/i?l=en&c=01_j4z797ikk0gitpf4oqa2qp47yike6ixdlatkt

https://tdmeet.webex.com/tdmeet-en/e.php?MTID=m64d8efe82668fc43a4e47c63dfa3ca71

Please go to this link

Richard H