Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I am looking for some excel help, excel 2016, to get an

Hi, I am looking...

Hi, I am looking for some excel help

Technician's Assistant: What programs and versions are you using?

Excel 2016

Technician's Assistant: What is your ideal outcome? How can we solve this for you?

To get an excel function that will filter results from a data set based on specific criteria and then populate the filtered data set on a different worksheet. Ideally, I want to have 4 separate data sets on a separate worksheet that meet specific criteria from a master list

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?

No may I use paypal?

7/5/2017
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your question and will be back in a moment with my reply.

can you send an example file gthat shows data, and what you want the output to look like

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sure. Sending in a few minutes
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
From this example excel sheet, I am trying to get excel to automatically populate the 2nd worksheet into one of the four Customer Group Lists" Ie if a customer purchased 35 or more product Z units they would automatically populate to worksheet 2 as a Loyalist customer. If a customer purchased 20 - 34 product Z units they would automatically populate to worksheet 2 in the Gainer List etc for Dabblers (0-19 units of product z) and then non buyers of product Z would be automatically placed in the non buyer list. Hope this explains what I'm looking to do and need help on.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This excel sheet is a mock up I quickly put together. hopefully you get the gist of what I am trying to get excel to automatically do.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hey PC Guy. Just checking in to see if you received my question and example. Thanks

ok, so based on the values in column C, if it = 0 it goes to one set of columns, if it is between 0 and 10 it goes in 2nd, set 10 to 20 goes in 3rd set, 20 to 35 in 4th set, and >35 in 5th set?

or did I not undestand

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yep that sounds about right. So the "Customer Groups" in the 2nd worksheet will automatically populate into the groups mentioned above based on the data in the first work sheet, "Customer Quarterly Sales"
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
For instance, these 4 buyers and all the aligned data in the columns will auto populate in the, "Customer Loyalist" List since they have 35 or higher product Z sales.Name Customer Category Product Z Sales Total Product Sales Product Z Market Share Volume Change
***** ***** High 55 155 35.48% -1.84
Megan White Medium 40 85 47.06% 3.19
***** ***** UnSegmented 36 78 46.15% -0.90
***** ***** Medium 35 97 36.08% -4.80

so are the number ranges always the same?

And also what if it is between 0 and 10 you don't have a category for that

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I know I don't have any a category for 0 - 10. I was trying to be quick and didn't assign one. Lets call 0 - 10 buyers of Product Z "Sporadic"

well basically need an extra range then.

ALso do the ranges always stay the same?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sirThe data ranges will always be the same
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I lost our combination thread on line. Errrr
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm back. Sorry about that sir.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I appreciate your help. Thank you PC-GUY
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It will be very helpful learning how to do these type of functions moving forward. Looking forward to your answers

this will require a macro vba code which I will write to populate this.

There is an additional fee do to the complexity of the problem.

I am sending an additional service offer now, once accepted I could work on it/.

also need to know what version of excel it is you use

The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I paid the extra feed. Excel 2106. Would I be see your programing so I can learn how to do it myself for future reference.

well yes, it is included in the file.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay great. I look forward to receiving your macro vba coding and the final version. Thank you again sir.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Andrew. Did you send the excel file with the vba coding yet?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When do you think I will receive your file?

tommaro by end of day, too late now

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay thank you. enjoy the evening.

ok, here it is

had to put in zip file to upload xlsm file

if you have never used a macro before, you may get some kind of security thing when you start excel, near the top of the screen. "enable macros", "enable content". something like that, you have to click that or it wont work. Then click the populate button that I added to the first sheet.

If you change the data, just run it again and the 2nd sheet will be updated.

To view the code press "ALT" + "F11" key at the same time.