Richard, Consultant
Experience:  Programming and Network consultancy for 15+ years
32989067

My bookkeeper is struggling with trying to do a mail merge

Customer Question

My bookkeeper is struggling with trying to do a mail merge with excel and word on a PC. Is there an expert there that can talk her through what she is trying to do? If so, how much will it cost us per hour?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: OK send me the page.
JA: What programs and versions are you using?
Customer: Stand by, Ill ask her
JA: What is your ideal outcome? How can we solve this for you?
Customer: Excel 2013, Word
JA: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Hang on. Its Excel and Word 2013. We need someone to walk her through by phone if possible. How do we set that up and how much will it cost?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: How do I get you to send the page to me?
Category: Programming
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

I can connect to here computer and step her through this if you wish?

It is not hourly it is a fixed price of the additional service of $49 plus what you paid for this question

Please let me know

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Richard, this is Anne the bookkeeper. I have the mail merge set up and it works. What I need help with is emailing the individual letters to each person in a mass email so I don't have to do it one at a time. Let me know if this is possible
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi Anne.

Yes you can, if you have outlook installed on the computer, then you can follow the steps on my link below to do this

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Use-mail-merge-to-send-bulk-email-messages-0f123521-20ce-4aa8-8b62-ac211dedefa4

Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks. That worked but now I'm having trouble linking my email to send them and getting an error message. I tried a few things via google search but it has not worked. Can you help