Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

The local Driver’s License Office has asked you to write a

program that grades the written...
The local Driver’s License Office has asked you to write a program that grades the written portion of the driver’s license exam. The exam has 20 multiple choice questions.
Here are the correct answers:
(A,C,A,A,D,B,C,A,C,B,A,D,C,A,D,C,B,B,D,A)
Your program should store these correct answers in a list.The program should read the students answers for each of the 20 questions from a text file and store them in another list. After students answers have been read from the file, the program should display a message indicating whether student passed or failed. Must answer atleast 15 to pass. It should then display total number of correct answered questions, total number incorrect answered questions, and a list showing the question numbers of the incorrectly answered questions.
requirements:
use python code
use of functions and value returning functions- use 3
read file contents into list using a loop
4/2/2017
LogicPro
LogicPro, Computer Software Engineer

Welcome

Hope you are doing well.

Zip all files; upload the zipped file to http://wikisend.com or http://ge.tt and post download link here.

What is the deadline?

Tonight 8pmWhat files are you needing? The .txt correct answer list and the student answer list?

yes please

Zip all files; upload the zipped file to http://wikisend.com and provide file id here

I'm trying to upload and getting this messageThis site can’t be reachedwikisend.com%20and’s server DNS address could not be found.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

click on this link

wikisend.com

ok. done.http://wikisend.com/download/814108/files.zip

Which version of python you are using? Like 2.7 or 3.2

Python 3.3.0

okay, got everything. Looking at the efforts, I am sending offer. let me know once you accept it and I'll provide it in few hours

LogicPro
LogicPro, Computer Software Engineer

Thanks

Check back in 2-3 hours

Hello! Sorry, but I'm new to this. When I look at "my questions" it says my question has been "Completed". Is there somewhere else that I need to go to retrieve my answer?

I am almost done.

I will provide you answer here in about 30 minutes, please wait.

Download answer from here: http://wikisend.com/download/361082/

Just posted the answer Link

Let me know once you got it

Please consider adding bonus

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/what-if-expert-does-really-fantastic-job-hl

You can ask me again using "For LogicPro only" at the start of your questions like other customers to get instant answers. It will ensure that question is for me.

Please bookmark my profile page:

http://www.justanswer.com/homework/expert-logicpro/

so you can come back and ask me a question anytime.

Thank you for using this site!

I'm sorry but I cant use this. This is way too technical. This is a basic python class and we haven't learned "try", "except" "ioerror".... We have only learned to start out by first defining main and ending with calling the main function. Below is one of the last assignments- I'm showing you this so you can see how basic this class is.# Define the main function
def main():# Open the random_numbers.txt file
ran_numbers = open('random_numbers.txt', 'r')# Accumulators
number = 0
total = 0# Display the list of numbers
print("List of numbers:")
for line in ran_numbers.readlines():
print(line)
total = total+int(line)
number +=1# Print the sum
print("The Sum of the numbers is: "+str(total))# Print how many numbers were read
print("The total amount of numbers that were read is: "+str(number))# Close the file
ran_numbers.close()# Call the main function
main()

ok, please wait

I'm getting ready to head back to school so I have a 3 hour ride home. I may not be able to respond until i get there.

Download: http://wikisend.com/download/426438/

Unzip to get python file with txt file.

i dont see where you used the two original .txt files that i sent (both these files have to be included and used when i turn the completed assignment in).

It is only using one txt file which has user answers. In the requirements it says to read only user answers from file and store correct answers in list.

Do you want me to read correct answers also from file?

I modified it.

http://wikisend.com/download/803364/

It is reading both students answers and correct answers from file.

Can you write it using what I have included below?
ie:correct_answer_list
student_answer_list
correct_count
incorrect_countthe way you have it written CorrectAnswers, UserAnswers, IncorrectAnswers, countCorrectAnswers,20-countCorrectAnswers makes no sense to me.# Define main
def main():
correct_answer_list = ['A','C','A','A','D','B','C','A','C','B','A','D','C','A','D','C','B','B','D','A']student_answer_list = ['B','A','C','D','B','C','A','B','B','D','A','C','B','A','A','D','C','B','A','C']correct_count = 0incorrect_count = 0total_questions = 20incorrect_answer_list = []infile = open ('student_answer.txt', 'r')student_answer = infile.readlines()infile.close()
im leaving now so i wont be online for the next few hours

I did it as per the requirements because requirements says to use functions "use of functions and value returning functions- use 3"

That's fine. Please just change it to reflect this wording. i.e. student_answers, incorrect_count, etc.

ok, please wait

LogicPro
LogicPro
LogicPro, Computer Software Engineer