Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

I have a master table that reflects the following labels:

Customer Question
UIC, Section, Rank, Last Name...
I have a master table that reflects the following labels: UIC, Section, Rank, Last Name, First Name, Type of Ord, Ord #, Amend Ord# ***** Ord #, Start date, End date, # Days, Certified Date, DTS Paid.
JA: What programs and versions are you using?
Customer: What I need is a sheet that is within that reflects some of the data from the Master, specifically Rank, Last Name, First Name, Type of Ord, Start date, End date, and lastly # Days. The problem is the Master reflects individuals name multiple times for different order types or different dates of being on orders. I need the worksheet to have the name listed once, list the start & end date, number of days and a total of days performed to be reflected. Your assistance is much appreciated.
JA: What is your ideal outcome? How can we solve this for you?
Customer: I am using Microsoft Excel 2013, I beleive
JA: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that should be it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Programming
12/19/2016
Programmer: The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer replied 1 year ago
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer

i think you will need something called a macro.

To be sure, send an example file of the source data and the expected output.

ATLPROG
ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer