Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

I'm looking to build a website for my self. I have no

Customer Question
I'm looking to build a...
I'm looking to build a website for my self. I have no programming knowledge. It will currently serve as informational purposes only. I would like different pull down mens and sub menus. I have a few question.What isp should I use whom has an easy to setup website?How involved will it be to do it myslef? I'm computer savy but no programming knowledge.I would like to remove menus and sub menus on the fly without any coding. Is this possible?In the future I would like to sell on the website. That being said what things should I consider?What other things should I be looking at?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Programming
10/26/2016
Programmer: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

GoDaddy is one of the best website builders and hosters.

They have lots of easy to use templates so you don't need any programming knowledge.

You should consider using a catchy, easy to remember URL (website name), so that customers can easily find your website in future.

Here is the address for GoDaddy: www.godaddy.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Pete thank you for your response. Please resubmit my question in the pool.

Ok, I can do that. Is there anything else I can help you with in the meantime?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no thanks

Ok, resubmitting now..

Programmer: Cory, Computer Technician replied 1 year ago
Cory
Cory, Computer Technician

Welcome, I am Cory. Thank you for asking your question today.

From what you are describing, I think it would be best to buy a domain at a registrar of your choice. It could be Godaddy, Namecheap, ect. Once you buy the domain, you can actually get Wordpress web-hosting for cheap with a Godaddy domain purchase. I think it is $12 for the first year to host a Wordpress website.

With a Wordpress site, they are easy to add onto with plug-ins and edit. Also, if you want to see something in the future, you can use a plug-in called Woo-commerce and add stuff to sell. Google likes Wordpress sites as well.

Wordpress has many free templates you can use and many sites on the web on how to edit them and add to them.

Recap:

1. Buy a domain from Godaddy.

2. Get Godaddy Wordpress hosting

3. Install Wordpress

4. Choose a free Wordpress theme or you can find good paid ones as well.

5. Search the web for edits you might want to make on it. (Mostly CSS & HTML)

6. Add Woo-commerce plug-in at a later date when you want to sell.

Please let me know if I have answered your question with all of the information you needed.

Johnny,

Please let me know if you have any other questions about this.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will create all my pages in wordpress and upload them to my web-hosting site?I'm looking at 1and1as my web-hosting. Any thoughts on them?Ca I install wordpress and download free templates and create the whole website and then join a web-hosting site and upload all content?Where can I get the free templates?"Search the web for edits you might want to make on it. (Mostly CSS & HTML)" I don't understand please elaborate."Add Woo-commerce plug-in at a later date when you want to sell." Is this free? What does this plug-in provide me?

No, you will create the site, install Wordpress and create the pages in Wordpress. (You will have a login/admin for that.)

1and1 is good, but Godaddy is the popular one.

When you install Wordpress on the site, you will be able to search and install the template from the Wordpress login/admin.

You will be able to find the templates in the admin area.

If you want to know how to do something in Wordpress, you can search the web and find about how to do it. For an example, you would search "edit menu in wordpress" or "html menu wordpress"

I'm not very familiar with Woo-commerce, but I know that I have listed stuff to see through it. Some plug-ins are free, but depending on the features you want, they are extra. You can read about it here. - https://woocommerce.com

Johnny,

Please let me know if I have answered all of your questions today.

Thank you,

Cory

Cory
Cory
Cory, Computer Technician