Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Programming Tutor
Experience:  Completed BSIT concentration Software Engineering, tutored other students and classmates in Java and VB.net, C++, and Obj C.
68869132

OKPR1015211 POSTANSWER I have a .net software question. In

OKPR1015211 POSTANSWER I have a .net software question. In my .cs file I have commented out all the messages but when there is a error with the database connection I get a messagebox and it stops the app. When the app gets a connection error it is suppose to keep trying without operator intervention. Is there anything I can code that will suppress all messages from appearing? It is running as an exe

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

What is the exact error message you are getting?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
error [hyt00] [sap] ase odbc driver the command has timed out. Error hy008 sap ase odbc driver Operation canceled.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is just a db error. I have a constant connection and if there is a network problem I get this error. I want to ignore it and not display it. It is not in my code though. Is there anything I can code to capture that event and override the message and not display it

Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No

Hello!

This error is popped on network disconnect? If so it is a system message, in debugging I normally pipe those to console, or silence the terminal return, but if it is one of those pops that requires user input for it to go away,it may be impossible to catch the exception, as that error pops from outside your code itself. Sounds like the standard notification service. For the database management console, and at that point you would need to see if you can "try catch" in your code, that is a little easier since you do know which error is need g handling. See the following URL for that and other methods, and code examples. :)

http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/ebonat-exception-error-handling-implementation-in-vbnet-apps.html

Chris Baxter, Programming Tutor
Experience: Completed BSIT concentration Software Engineering, tutored other students and classmates in Java and VB.net, C++, and Obj C.