ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

I'm having trouble incorporating the INDIRECT function into

Customer Question

I'm having trouble incorporating the INDIRECT function into my SUMPRODUCT
Category: Programming
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have data from multiple hospitals for different age groups and different months, so my rows look like: Hospital A, Hospital A, Hospital B, Hospital B, Hospital C, etc. and my columns are "Age Group", "November", "December", March" etc. For some hospitals and for some months, I need to remove data when calculating my total (November to March). So I have a separate sheet with 1s and 0s for each Hospital and each month saying whether or not to include it. So I want to calculate a total for each row that's a sumproduct of my 1s and 0s and November-March. I have tried this formula: =SUMPRODUCT(J3:Q3,INDIRECT(W3) where W3 is the text of my named range for the 1s and 0s
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But it's not working and I'm not sure why
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.

Hi

could you share your workbook so I can take a look? Upload to wikisend or another file sharing site would be easiest.

Thanks,

Ingo