Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

I am desperate. I am trying to figure out how my friend was

Customer Question
HI! I am desperate. I...
HI! I am desperate. I am trying to figure out how my friend was able to upload a link to Facebook from Hypemachine and include a picture. I'll explain more, but that's the gist of it. She shouldn't have been able to do it, but she did. And I'm trying to replicate her efforts.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Programming
10/7/2016
Programmer: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

Can you explain in some more detail please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Woo! Ok. So this is the Hypemachine link: http://hypem.com/track/2jgcy/Justin+Baron+-+Girl+With+An+Ego. And annoyingly, when they made the link, they didn't include the single artwork. So when I try to share on Twitter & Facebook, the image is blank. Not ideal for sharing. So I'm trying to figure out how my friend, who JUST shared her link from Hypemachine (http://hypem.com/track/2jfj2/JANELLE+KROLL+-+Looose+feat.+morgxn) to Facebook was able to include her single artwork when her link is missing single artwork as well. Logically, she should have run into the same issue as me.

I see.

Are you sharing these links on your phone or computer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm attempting to share them on my computer, but I tried the process on my phone as well with the same "blank photo" result.When I inspect element on hers, I see external-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net, which inside I can find that picture. Interestingly, I cannot find that external-lga301 location on mine.

Can you tell me the link you are sharing?

Can you try without the S in HTTPS?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sure this is the link: http://hypem.com/track/2jgcy/Justin+Baron+-+Girl+With+An+Ego

The Facebook debugger says it will not show an image. Check this:

https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/sharing/?q=http%3A%2F%2Fhypem.com%2Ftrack%2F2jgcy%2FJustin%2BBaron%2B-%2BGirl%2BWith%2BAn%2BEgo

Enter the URL it says it is no longer processing images for that URL.

Facebook Debugger

Provided og:image, https://static.hypem.com could not be downloaded because it exceeded the maximum allowed sized of 8Mb or your server was too slow to respond.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hmm...so is there a solution?Here is the link to my friend's hypemachine who WAS able to post an image to Facebook: http://hypem.com/track/2jfj2/JANELLE+KROLL+-+Looose+feat.+morgxn

I don't think so it looks like it depends on what Facebook server you are on. This is not something you can choose.

I'm sorry

If you could rate me to help me get credit for helping you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Happy to give you a high rating, but I don't understand why she was able to post and I was not. It would seem like we would run into the same exact issue, but clearly someone on her team found a way around it?

She could of linked to her own website If the link is different on her one?

It's not an issue on your end and Facebook debugger has said it is no logner processing the images.

Can you try a different web browser pleasE?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just tried both her link and my link on Safari (I was using Chrome) and received the same "blank image" result. What could possibly have worked for them on whatever configuration they used to share it allow the image to come through?

The website you are sharing could of been configured differently the time they posted it. Either that or Facebook has changed the way it pulls websites since then and hence no image

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She posted hers within minutes of mine. I really don't see how that could possibly be the answer.

Could you try editing the post after posted and adding the link back?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried as many different combinations of doing that as you can imagine. If you tried to post a picture, it deletes the link. On other types of links, Facebook gives you an option to upload a picture with a link embed...but for some reason this does not allow it. Are you able to make it work when you try to post on Facebook?

Does not work for me either

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here's the weird thing. If you go the Hypemachine and try sharing to Facebook on different links...some work, some don't. If you drill down, are you able to see a pattern why? http://hypem.com/popular?workaround=lol
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
For example...numbers 1-6 on that list don't work but #7 "CUT - Tune in Tune Out" works.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Omg I know why it was f**ked up! FACEBOOK WAS DOING SOME UPDATES. Now I can upload a picture separately and it latched on to the embed.

How do you know that!??!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Because within the last 2 hours the way you upload a picture looks a bit different on pages. They clearly were updating the backend or something.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still doesn't help me when I try to share on Twitter as the core issue is Hypemachine f**king things up, but at least I can fix it on Facebook.

Ok no problem sorry I was not of real help!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All good, thanks for trying.

No problem

Kris R
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer