ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

I have several tables with discounts that people qualify

Customer Question

I have several tables with discounts that people qualify for. They qualify for multiple discounts on multiple tables. I would like to click on the discount and have the ones that I click automatically populate in a list in columns a and b on the same worksheet. I info that I need to populate is the discount description and amount.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 10 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today. May I take a look at the document you are referring to?

Please, be forewarned that the site is not secure:
- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"
Please, send your reply below in the box. After you type your message, click the Send button.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
File ID: 481176

Thank you. Now using this worksheet, please describe what exactly you need help with. In your description, go step by step and use cell references when applicable.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
on sheet 3 if you scroll down and watch columns a and be, you will see a black and white section call calculations. I need to add "DISCOUNTS/CREDITS" to cell A46 (which I can do). The data in columns E-U contains discounts that borrowers will qualify for. I need to be able to click on any of those discounts and have its description and percentage populate in a list under the "discounts/credits" section that I need to create using column A for description and B for amount.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will only be selecting one value from one of the first 6 data tables. the bottom 2 will have at least 1 from each table.

Thank you for the update.

I understood the first half of your description.

Please, explain what the following means.

The data in columns E-U contains discounts that borrowers will qualify for. I need to be able to click on any of those discounts and have its description and percentage populate in a list under the "discounts/credits" section that I need to create using column A for description and B for amount.

Give me examples, please.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
for example: the first data table is titled "FHA / VA 30 Year Fixed" if that is the type of loan we are looking into, i will select one value in that table based on the interest rate desired (E7-E20) and the number of days they want to keep that rate locked in (F6-I6). So if they are looking for 3.25 held for 45 days, I would click on cell H11. I would need that value (-1.582) to show up in cell B47.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the first 6 tables are for different types of loans, so if they want an FHA / VA 15 Year Fixed I would click on a cell in that table instead of the the one i used in the above example.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
but i still need the cell that I click to appear in cell B47.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Below the tables representing the types of loans, are 2 more tables discount lists called, "PRICE ADJUSTMENTS TO ALL NON-JUMBO PRODUCTS" and "PROGRAM SPECIFIC ADJUSTMENTS TO ALL NON-JUMBO PRODUCTS". The borrower may qualify for multiple adjustment from either or both of these lists. So whatever I select needs to populate the descriptions and amounts in columns A and B just below the value we selected to go into cell B47.

There is no way to make it work like that. I can however, add two pull down menus in that area. The first pull down menu will have the 6 choices for the loans. The 2nd pull down menu would be the choices of 15 day, 30 day, 45 day, & 60 day. After you make those choices, the correct value will be entered into B47. Would that work for you?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No I already know how to do that. I was hoping to avoid pull down menus. I thank you for hearing me out. I will give you a good revue. Will the deposit be automatically refunded?

I have given you the solution. I don't have control over how Excel works. Yes, if you wish for the website to not give me any credit for my time, I will send up the refund request.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I would appreciate that. Thank you.

Thank you.