Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

I was editing my website and I made lots of changes and

Customer Question
didn't refresh the front end...
i was editing my website and I made lots of changes and didn't refresh the front end. When I logged in the next day the home page had a 404 error. I've put all the changes back to the original but the 404 page is still there. Help!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Programming
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Im using joomla 2.0
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
website is www.ivyclean.com.au
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/25/2016
Programmer: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

are you there?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
oh hi sorry i didnt know how to respond it kept asking for me to pay again.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can you still help me?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi, Since I've already paid for my initial consult could you please advise me steps
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is 8am in the morning where I am
Programmer: Wes, Consultant replied 1 year ago
Wes
Wes, Consultant

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am available to assist you if the time is convenient for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi can you help with my question?

What times are best for you? We're going to have to try to schedule times to work together because we have about a 12 hour time difference

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oh ok. Is there anything else you need to know to be able to give me an answer?

I'd have to look through the admin interface via remote assistance to see if anything is amiss. You did request secure remote assistance correct?

I'm going to opt out and let a different expert assist you who may be closer to your home timezone.

Programmer: Bruce Wilner,
 replied 1 year ago
Bruce Wilner

Hello, mate. I won't mess about with time zones: let's see if we can get this squared away.

One concern off the bat: you say you put everything back the way it was, but it's not working.

HUMBLE SUGGESTION: not EVERYTHING is back the way it was!

But we will try to diagnose with a bit more detail than that. Kindly message me back when it's convenient for you.

Cheers!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Very true. Thanks for a better response. What do we need to do to make it work again?
Programmer: Bruce Wilner,
 replied 1 year ago

Can I have the address of the site to see what happens when I surf there?

Where is it being hosted? What operating system do they run? What Web server software (Apache, IIS, etc.) do they host?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oh erm, those are questions I do not know.
www.ivyclean.com.aumy sister did the website but she is overseas on a trek so I cant even ask her?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can give you access to the website if that helps?
Programmer: Bruce Wilner,
 replied 1 year ago

Yes, and yes.

I really need those questions answered in order properly to analyse what's afoot.

Make sure your sister doesn't trek into dangerous places where the Tjangara or Turramulli giants lurk!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
www.**********.com.au/************
admin
******************
Programmer: Bruce Wilner,
 replied 1 year ago

I have fundamentally zero information I need to solve this. "My sister isn't here" doesn't quite cut it! I need more details on how you "put things back," to be brutally honest.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you give me more of an idea of where I can get this info?
I know my cPanel login.
I know my domain is with go daddy
I think she actually hosts it on burhh
I'm not sure if it's burhh.com though
Put things back means I unpublished new modules i installed and published modules that Were originally set. For example, their use to be a slideshow at the top (exactly like the one on the commercial page) and then 4 icons and text underneath. These are clearly labelled as services icon etc
Need any other info?
Programmer: Bruce Wilner,
 replied 1 year ago

Please contact us when your sister, the Web site administrator, is back.

May I ask why you were making such sweeping changes to the site in her absence?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's my site!
I'm the site administrator!
I did the entire website myself she just set up the Joomla for me?
ATLPROG
ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer