Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

Please. how do I develop a linear programming model that

Customer Question
Hi, yes please. how...
Hi, yes please. how do I develop a linear programming model that will tell Larkin how to fill the order for 1200 lock sets at the minimum cost?
JA: The Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Tell me more about what you need help with so we can help you best.
Customer: i need help with creating linear models.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Tutor should know?
Customer: just help me with test questions and homework questions around quantitative methods.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Programming
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
resource knob and plate lock key(each) available
brass alloy 12 5 1 15000 units
machining 18 20 10 36000 minutes
finishing 15 5 1 12000 minutes
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
a quick look at the amounts available confirms that Larkin does not have the resources to fill this contract. a subcontractor, who can make unlimited number of each of the three components, quotes the prices below:
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
component subcontractor cost larkin cost
knob and plate 10.00 6.00
lock 9.00 4.00
keys(set of 2) 1.00 .50
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry for the formatting, here is the full question:
Larkin Industries manufactures several lines of decorative and functional metal items. The most recent order has been for 1200 door lock units for an apartment complex developer. The sales and production departments must work together to determine delivery schedules. Each lock unit consists of three components: the knob and face plate, the actual lock itself, and a set of two keys. Although the processes used in the manufacture of the three components vary, there are three areas where the production manager is concerned about the availability of resources. These three areas, their usage by the three components, and their availability are detailed in the table.Resource Knob and Plate Lock Key (each) Available
Brass Alloy 12 5 1 15000 units
Machining 18 20 10 36000 minutes
Finishing 15 5 1 12000 minutesA quick look at the amounts available confirms that Larkin does not have the resources to fill this contract. A subcontractor, who can make an unlimited number of each of the three components, quotes the prices below.Component Subcontractor Cost Larkin Cost
Knob and Plate 10.00 6.00
Lock 9.00 4.00
Keys (set of 2) 1.00 .50Develop a linear programming model that would tell Larkin how to fill the order for 1200 lock sets at the minimum cost.
9/16/2016
Programmer: Jawaad Ahmed,
 replied 1 year ago
Jawaad Ahmed

Hello

Please mention the deadline and let me know that this one is your assignment question or practice question?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
THIS IS DUE TONIGHT AND ITS A ASSIGNMENT QUESTION
Programmer: Jawaad Ahmed,
 replied 1 year ago

How many hours remaining in that?

ATLPROG
ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer