Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

I have a question about Facebook's HTML code. It is rumored

Customer Question
I have a question about...
I have a question about Facebook's HTML code. It is rumored on the Internet that in the HTML code for your Facebook page, there is an entry called "Initial Chat Friends List," which allegedly lists all of your Facebook stalkers. You can access the Initial Chat Friends List by right-clicking on your homepage and clicking "View Page Source" in Google Chrome. I've seen it, and some of the results are shocking. I know it's not correlated with Facebook Chat, because the lists don't match up and some people on the initial list are people I *never* interact with at all, and others that have their chat disabled. So what is the Initial Chat Friends List, really?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Programming
8/12/2016
Programmer: Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist

Hello Customer, and thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com

.

My name is ***** ***** am a computer expert who will be helping you today.

.

The issue with the HTML code for INITIAL CHAT FRIENDS LIST is NOT published by facebook.

Facebook does NOT explain HOW their HTML code was designed to work.

Nor will they tell you if you ask them.

.

Speculation is all you will EVER get from ANYBODY ANYWHERE.....unless they are on the network ops team at Facebook......and even then.......departments are compartmentalized to keep anyone person from knowing too much.

Yes, zuckerburg is extremelt paranoid.

Keep in mind,in the begingin of FB, it was a scandal as to WHO owned the source code, and who developped it.

.

Honestly, your guess is as good as anybody else's

ATLPROG
ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer