Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

I have optimize my site for google.co.uk but my website

Customer Question

i have optimize my site for google.co.uk but my website address is flightsquote.com not co.uk. Do i need to list my website on google.co.uk. as on google.com same keywords have higher competition. how mechanism will work.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Kris R replied 11 months ago.

You will need to add a secondary domain name flightsquote.co.uk to your website. You will need to register the address and point it to your current DNS servers.

If you like, I could assist you doing this - it must be done and registered and takes around 6 hours to replicate accross the world.

Do you know who your domain name is ***** ***** etc?

I could remotly connect and assist If you like

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
but expedia.com also come up in the google.co.uk result as well there are many website who are .com but visible on search result of google.co.uk, google.in etc.
Expert:  Kris R replied 11 months ago.

That' becuase they have a server in the UK. Unless you want 2 servers the only way is to add the other domain.

2 servers will costs thousands.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
you are not getting my question at all. I am saying google.co.uk will not show my website in search result unless i have .co.uk domain instead of .com ?
Expert:  Kris R replied 11 months ago.

Yes that is correct you ust have a server in the UK or a website with the .co.uk (you can have .co.uk AND .com If you wish)

Your choices are

1. Add the seconardy co.uk address
  2. Add a second server

It's very easy to add the .co.uk address and will cost you about $15 max, along with some of my time to assist you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
you mean all the website who have .com extension have servers in UK thats why they show result . on google.co.uk. If i show you website with .com extension and their servers are in USA but they also showing up in google.co.uk result.
Expert:  Kris R replied 11 months ago.

Yes - all you need to do is add the 2nd domain.

Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Do you still need help with your issue?