Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

I need help with my java hw, time,? i 't know how to create

Customer Question
hi i need help with...
hi i need help with my java hw
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: long time
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: i don't know how to create arrays and how to keep track of each class
JA: The programmer can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: the hw is about inheritance and polymorphism
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Programming
7/24/2016
Programmer: Russell H., Programmer & Coder replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Programmer & Coder

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Is it a problem with Java code? that's what it sounds like to me.

Would you like to give me a snippet of your Java code that you have a problem with, by highlighting the portion that has a problem, then copying it, then pasting that block of code into your reply?

(The whole of the code isn't needed. I just need the problem part, please.)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we have to write a program that takes the input from a file and its about a store where you have employees, clients, and items. employees are webdesigner, agent and accountant

What do you need help with? the whole program?

Is it a Java program, or a Java applet for display in a web browser?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the whole program. and yes it is a java program

Can you post the requirement for it to me?

(By 'Java program', I mean, one that is run, or started, at a command prompt or in a Terminal window.)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
11) Process items bought by a client
. Input: client id, item id, date , quantity, store id
Action: record the sale of item as specified. Check for errors such as: negative amounts, buying from a non-existent client, a non-existent item etc.. Output: client id, name, item name, date, quantity, cumulative amount for that item id. 12) List items bought by a client in a year
. Input: client id, year (if * consider for all years)Action: list items bought in a formatted manner.
Output: a heading indicating which one of the above along with: list of item id, name, date, amount, client name.
. 13)  Hire a new employee. Input: employee type, fname, lname, dob, gender, hire date, base salary, double value
Action: based on the employee type given, the double value is interpreted as hourly over-time rate for AGT, $/click for WD, and hourly rate for ACCT . Make sure you correctly interpret the input according to the employee type. Output: employee id along with other details in one line (formatted). 14)  Release an employee
. Input: employee id
Action: remove the employee from the enterprise. Using an array may complicate this. If you use an array, you need to keep track of deleted slots in the array properly. You may want to change it to an ArrayList to make this easier. Released employee numbers are NOT re-used.. Output: display all employee ids and names minus the one released.. 15)  Compute monthly salary of an employee
.
Input: empid, (int) # ***** over-time hours for AGT or number of clicks (rounded as an int) for WD or total hours worked in that month for ACCT and the month (int) for which the salary is being calculated. Note that the month supplied is not used in computing the salary. It is only output.
Action: Invoke the computeSalary of that employee type using polymorphism
.
Output: empid, employee type, fname, lastname, gender, month, computed salary (for that call). 16)  expenditure
. Input: item id
Action: keep track of the item sold. Optionally, you can sort the sales of the item in ascending order of date. Output: formatted sale history (for that item) as specified earlier. The output should be in the same order as transactions are executed
17) Compute whether a client retains her gold status for the next year
input: client id or *, year or *
. Action: compute the level of the clients for the next year based on the amount of expenditure in the current year; if * in client id, do it for all clients. If * in year do it for all years.
. Output: a heading with year and whether the client is GOLD or REGULAR in that year and a list of: client id, name, current expenditure for that year. 0) Exit program
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we're reading everything from a file

Your listing starts with

11)

Is anything missing?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the previous requirements for the previous project
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the user gets to choose an option (11-17) or 0 to exit

(posting made in error - we have a system flaw that does this. One minute, please...)

By what time and day do you need this completed?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
could you please try to get it done by 10 pm tomorrow?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i can send you the whole file for the assignment
if you want to

I will be quite busy tomorrow, so unfortunately (given the size of the program) I will not be able to complete it by then.

With apologies, I have Opted Out, opening the case - and your requirements, now stated in full - to other Experts in this category. There is an Expert, named LogicPro I think, that may be able to help you by and by.

Thank you for your patience, meanwhile. When another Expert picks up the case, you will receive a notification email.

ATLPROG
ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer