ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

In Microsoft excel vba, and ms access I can run queries in

Customer Question

Hi in Microsoft excel vba, and ms access I can run queries in teradata, how can I run queries in a stored procedure in ms SQL?
Category: Programming
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 1 year ago.

Hi Welcome to JustAnswer

You will have to create stored procedures first before running it. Do you have any sample stored procedure ready with you ? or you would like me to write a one for you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just want to run a simple tear data query in ms SQL. Thanks if you could write that would be good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

in ms access I use ODBC connect str "ODBC;DSN=DW Master;UID=GR38;PWD=GR38"; in excel vba I use

Const ConnString_DW = "Data Source=DW Master; Database=DXWI_PROD_VIEW_ACCESS; Persist Security Info=True; User ID=gr38; Password=gr38; Session Mode=ANSI;"

Connection string is fine. Please give me your MS acess query ,I will see if this needs any conversion so that we can run it in MS sql. Then I will give you step by step instruction to run it. Have you installed sql developer to run sql queries ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the ms access query works fine and excel, I just want to run a simple query like select * from teradatatable (as I can refine) in "Microsoft Server Management studio 2012" in a stored procedure, but I have no understanding how I can point the stored procedure to look at another database i.e. Teradata.

I got you so we will have to begin with first creating link server and setting up connection between both of them. Please see the attach document and follow it step by step.

Did this helped ?