Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

How can I host a video sales page using only Wordpress?

Customer Question
Hello. How can I...
Hello. How can I host a video sales page using only Wordpress? Similar to this page:
http://greenvalleynaturalsolutions.com/bel-vsl-mv5/?SC=STOBEL042616MV5
I'm using the DIVI theme (ElegantThemes). Is there a specific plugins and/or template? Some important features I need:
1. If someone clicks back button or closes browser - I need an auto script to "stay or leave page" - which would link to the text version sales page if they choose to stay.
2. Have a delayed button like the sample display below the video - which would be great to have for either a BUY NOW button link or a READ TEXT VERSION link.
3. Video will start playing automatically.
4. If YouTube or Vimeo is used to host the video - how can their overlay menu items be made hidden so that only the video displays (ie. no settings, full screen options, YouTube link, etc.).
5. Do you have other video hosting recommendations for fastest playback of the video itself?
Thanks so much,
Bruce
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Programming
7/13/2016
Programmer: Russell H., Programmer & Coder replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Programmer & Coder

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Several of those questions are rather difficult to answer immediately, without further information. But this much can be said at once:

1. scripting for more or less what you describe can be included.

2. I don't know what you mean by a 'delayed' button.

3. autoplay for video included is routine.

4. I'm not sure which overlay items you mean, but there may be a video file playing plugin that does that.

5. fastest playback is helped by lowering the density of the video. The grainier the video, the faster it will play.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you Russell. But it doesn't really answer my main question. (Those five bullets are simply the features I'm looking for.) The main question is from the original post "Is there a specific plug-in and/or template?" That's what I need.As for the delayed button - if you click on the example link I provided you'll see a link pop up under the video after 15 seconds; a "delayed link".

There is this, the basic answer to your question:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/youtube-embed-plus/

And then there are all these to choose among:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/best-wordpress-youtube-gallery-plugins/

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Again, thank you for your response Russell.I guess this isn't the help I expected. I can already embed video easily into WordPress - so those two links don't really help. With my limited programming knowledge I was just hoping to duplicate the sample video sales page (link provided in first email) within WordPress with an easy template/plugin.I guess I just have to create it in HTML using some script. If you do have a template to recommend for doing that it would be appreciated so I don't have to create it from scratch. I see these video sales pages all over the internet so I'm sure there are easy templates out there, I was just hoping this justanswer.com would be able to recommend one.Thanks.

I admit I don't have the information you need, so I have Opted Out of this case, opening your request in your last posting to other Experts.

Programmer: Jinsmn, Computer Science Teacher replied 1 year ago
Jinsmn
Jinsmn, Computer Science Teacher

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

First of all the functions you want to implement are possible with Wordpress. I am not clear about point 2 "Delayed button" do you mean a Preview button to preview video ? If you have any sample link please provide.

With the help of WP Exit Page Redirect you can show a notification and redirect to a default page when users leaving a page on your site. Download that plugin from https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-exit-page-redirect/

Use the plugin You List to embed Youtube Videos. That plugin have options to hide Youtube controls and branding.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/youlist/

Regards

Jins

Regards
Jins

Jinsmn
Jinsmn
Jinsmn, Computer Science Teacher