Yvette
Yvette, Consultant
Experience:  Tech Manager
8649393

I have been sent a sql database that auto-updates yacht

Customer Question

I have been sent a sql database that auto-updates yacht availability from an external source
I want to move this to a new server and incorporate it or embed it in to a yet to be made Wordpress site
Please advise what else you need to know and look fwd to any assistance
Thank you
Category: Programming
Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

So what issue are you running into when moving the file?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I uploaded the original website to URL on my host and copied the sql database to my server/host and the link(s) present a blank page onlyIf you would like to look at the test site I can send the URL ?
Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

OK

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The test site is at
http://kingmediagroup.ca/syc/
There are three areas of concern, the two visible show below the menu on the left
The Yachts menu item and 2 links below also show
{$special->yacht}
{$special->summaryThe view the original (current) site, go to
http://seahorseyachtcharters.com
Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

So this database is being updated from an external source and not by you, is this correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think that's right
What it help if I paste the database SQL code as well ?
Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

Question: Why are you trying to incorporate the db into your site rather than just providing a link to the site that has the active database?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The owner of the charter company is moving hosts to me - they have this current site developed about five years agoI want to duplicate the current site on my host and then develope the eventual replacement wordpress version of the site (so the owner can do basic updates etc)I suppose the second part of the equation will be how to embed this auto update/yachts available area into the wordpress site but we can cross that bridge when we get there
Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

OK

Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

Im comparing the two sites. What do u click on on the original site to access the yacht availability?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
34;The Yachts" menu item
This generate another menu below on the left side noting "featured yachts"
This displays a list of yachts for each type
Types being monohull, multihull (3 sizes) and Poweryatchts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can post the code in the SQL database file
Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

Did you use phpAdmin to import the db?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it imported without any errorsOf course my server name is ***** ***** don't know if this has a negative effect on the operation of
Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

So nothing in the php error logs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looking in PHP my admin
Selecting the database and looking under events and it shows nothing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The database name is myservername_database2
The original file I received was just database.sql you
Does that matter ?
( i'm sure you can tell by now I am SQL ignorant)
Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

You are quite knowledgeable

Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

Do you table names begin with wp?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Under the structure tab that shows three tables - category special and yacht
None of which begin with WP
As a note this is just a copy of the current site not WordPress I'm not sure if the WP aspect has something to do with word press
Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

OK

Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried contacting the wordpress forum?

Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

Can u pls send send a screenshot of your table structure?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The first issue is recreating the site at the URL kingmediagroup.ca/sycThis is not Wordpress - it is just a copy of the current siteI want it to run on my server/host first (worrying about the Wordpress upgrade later)I will paste the structure etc soonThank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Screen shot file added
Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

OK Thanks

Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

Could you please access your wp-config.php file and let me know what's shown for the table-prefix value?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Again, this is not Wordpress (not yet)This is an html site with php links to the sql databaseI first need the current site, seahorseyachtcharters.com to work on my host - I have copied all files and the associated database to my host and have the copy running at kingmediageoup.ca/sycIt is on the test URL at kingmediagroup.ca/syc that the database portion fails when you click the menu item "The Yachts"This is the exact same site, which I need to confirm works entirely before changing the name servers for the domainSo nothing Wordpress related at the moment, just a copy of the original that I need to test as noted, prior to changing the hostsHope this helps
Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

Yes, understood

Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

I was considering the issue might be the database prefix.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can paste the code from the actual database file for you to review?
Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

OK

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Uploaded a word file with the code, justanswer didn't permit me to post it herehttp://kingmediagroup.ca/syc/sqlfilecopy.doc
Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

ok

Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

Please give me a few minutes to look at file

Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

Regarding your first area of concern: {$special->yacht} and {$special->summary

In the sql code you sent, I see where all 3 tables are created (category, Special and Yacht), but data is only inserted into Tables Category and Yacht. I don't see where data was inserted into Special

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've no clue
You can look at the original site at seahorseyachtcharters.com(I had nothing to do with the original site, I am tasked with getting it running on my host, and then shifting it all to Wordpress in a few months)
Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

I thought the SQL code u sent me was for the new site?

Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

How are u accessing the SQL code u sent?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The old and new are identical, just different url'sI don't know what you mean by "how am I accessing the sql code"The original site files and database was sent to me by the original developer
I uploaded the site files to the url kingmediagroup.ca/syc and imported the sql on my hostThat is where we are at the moment
Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

OK. When accessing the web sites (old vs new) the code is different which explains why we get different results.

Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

Something may have gone awry during the copy process

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, let me try it again
Might not be today
Thanks again for your assistance, have a good night
Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

OK ur welcome. In the future you may want to look into using Premium service is the issue is not resolved.

Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

Please try to locate the yacht.php file when ur schedule permits.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can upload a doc file copy in 5 minutes if you like
Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

of the yacht.php file?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll copy the contents n to a doc file as I did with the SQL file and post the file link
Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

OK. Yes, let's try that and I will work on it a few mins to see if any progress on Yachts link

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here it is
http://kingmediagroup.ca/syc/yachtphpcopy.doc
Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

ok thx

Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

It appears that the yacht.php file needs to be uploaded for the new server http://kingmediagroup.ca/syc to access it on.

The attached screenshots are what's shown for this file on the old and new websites.

Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

This is all I'll be able to do on this matter. Inputting the php file is not something I would be able to assist with. The other issue, {$special->yacht}
{$special->summary

I'd recommend just doing a data base insert into the Special Table to see if that removes the error.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok let me check do what you suggest
Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

ok

Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

As you know you actually have two separate issues: (1) Yachts Link not working and (2) $special showing on screen

Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

Are u familiar with doing the database inserts?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi - sorry for the delayFor the item, "doing a data base insert into the Special Table" - this is probably the root of that part of the question
Not sure what this means - if you cannot assist with it, I will endeavour to figure that part out myselfIf I read you correctly - you note that yacht.php must be in the root of kingmediagroup.ca/syc - it is, this is the exact location and has been since I received the files in the first placeSee attached copy of file list image for kingmediagroup.ca/syc
Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

These are two separate errors. Your original question mentioned SQL. I recommend opening a second question specific to PHP. I would include that the Yachts Link isn't working also include the error I sent in the screenshot.

Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

In the new question I would mention in the title that you need help with PHP. That way you should get someone with that experience.

Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

Since the http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/ymjack/aac91066-88e1-4b72-a724-9ace533e4709_yacht+php.docx file shows "Failed to Load Resource." I recommend creating a question such as, "Need help with PHP. New site shows Failed to Load Resource, Server Error 500. Yachts.php file is missing."

Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

I suggest resolving the Yachts link issue first by opening the additional question. Once resolved circle back to this question which can concentrate specifically on the specials table.

Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

Perhaps the Expert who helps you resolve the php issue can then assign themselves to this question regarding SQL and the Specials table. If not, I can work on the specials table with you after the php issue is resolved.

Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

There are several files missing from the the test site. In addition, I don't see where Specials are shown on the Production site. Were specials added after the data was moved to the new server?

As you know, I've already spent a good deal of time working on this issue. I will need to use Premium Services if you'd like me to continue debugging.