Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

I have a Excel Function programming question. I would like to create a Function that has a calculation in ThisWorksheet.

Customer Question
Hi, I have a Excel...
Hi, I have a Excel Function programming question.
I would like to create a Function that has a calculation in ThisWorksheet. The worksheet would be named “Calculator” and has inputs in column B (B2 – B15) and one output in cell I11 based on calculations done in the sheet using the inputs. I would like to create a Function with arguments that match the inputs in the Calculator worksheet. I would like the function to read these arguments into Column B of the Calculator worksheet and set the result of the Function to be the value in cell I11 of the Calculator worksheet.
Is this doable? How?
Thanks,
II
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Programming
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/2/2016
Programmer: Jason Jones, Programmer replied 1 year ago
Jason Jones, Programmer

I am the person that will be helping you today.

Can you please, give me three examples of what you are describing so that I can better understand?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can I send you an excel file with an example?

Yes, that will help. Thank you.

Please, be forewarned that the site is not secure:

- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Jason, I am having some problems uploading the excel file.simple example:Function is called AF and has 2 arguments
You open AF and enter 1 as the 1st argument and 2 as the second argument
In Sheet 1 of the excel file , 1 is entered to cell A1 and 2 is entered into cell A2. Cell A3 has a formula that is 2xA1+A2, so cell A3 has a value of 4 and the function AF returns a result of 4, i.e. function result is equal to value in cell A3 or the sheet.

Thank you for the update. I am sorry to say, but I am a bit confused as to what you need the document to do.

Click the Paperclip icon on this page and upload it that way.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry, don't see the paperclip

Please, upload it to the following page and give me the download link: http://www.megafileupload.com/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will have to continue this tomorrow

Thank you. I will be standing by.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Jason, is there another way to send the excel file (email?) as
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am trouble uploading the file.

You may email the document to***@******.*** and request that they send it to me,Customer(***** *****).

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I sent the email. I put a simple calculation in the worksheet but the actual calculation is very complicated and hard to program just in VB that is why I want to know if this method would work.

Thank you. I look forward to them sending me the document.

I have the document. Please, explain to me what you need done.

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need the inputs(arguments) into the function to be copied to the corresponding cells (column B) in Sheet 1 (Calculator) so that the calculation in cell I4 of Sheet 1 (Calculator) is based on the function inputs and the function returns the value in cell I4.For example if the inputs in the function are 55,65,66,62,63,54,65,66,67,68,69,70,71,72 then the function should result in a value of 834 (see cell I4)

Okay. That is what the value in I4 does.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Any luck?

I have the document, but do not understand what you need done with it.

ATLPROG
ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer