Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

You just sent me an answer to question Order ID:

Customer Question
Steve you just sent me...
Steve you just sent me an answer to question Order ID: 16330370-853 This is not what I am looking for I have a column that represents the entry data number for a row of imputed data. say #1 the #2 #3 all the way to number 4000 in my column. This raw data and I am trying to upload it to a website so it can recognize it correctly. So first column 1 row # ***** / 2nd column 1 row 500-1 / 3 column 1 row 500-3 So I have a number in the row 1st column is my entry I need to take that number and add in
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Programming
5/27/2016
Programmer: Steve, Consultant replied 1 year ago
Steve
Steve, Consultant

Can you attach a copy here?

Sorry, I'm still not following you. If I could look at an actual example, that would help.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Columns c and d are the ones in question

OK, so tell me, are you trying to populate C with the number in B and then "-1"? And populate D with the number in B and "-3"?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they identify access levels on the web site we are trying to recover data

OK, so it's the answer I put on the other question. If the number is ***** column B, the the formula for C2 is =CONCATENATE(B2,"-1") and the formula for D2 is =CONCATENATE(B2, "-3"). And then you copy the formula down.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the answer I looked at made 21 in column b into 18 in column c did I miss something

You can get a little fancier to exclude blanks with:

=IF(B2>0, CONCATENATE(B2,"-1"), "") and =IF(B2>0, CONCATENATE(B2, "-3"), "")

You probably started in the wrong cell. if the formula says "B2", you have to put the formula on Row 2 for C and D. When you copy it down, Excel automatically increases the row number for you. But if you don't start in the right place, your numbering will be off.

Let me do it and I'll send it back to you, hold on.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can I contact you tomorrow I have to leave in a few minutes to possible remotely fix this?

Sure

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for your help - tomorrow it is

Hi there, sorry I wasn't available on Friday. I attached the document here with the formulas in columns C and D. Chat me back if you want to discuss this further. Hope you had a good holiday weekend!

Steve
Steve
Steve, Consultant