Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

You had a question 1 year ago related to this ; he first…

Customer Question
You had a question...

You had a question 1 year ago related to this ; he first script that needs to be written is automating the shutdown procedure. Write a script that will perform the following tasks: Prompt the system administrator for all valid input parameters.
Ask if a wall needs to be sent, and if yes, send the message.
Ask if this is a shutdown or reboot, and process appropriately.

Technician's Assistant: The Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Is there anything else important you think the Tutor should know?

I would like to try that script in my Ubuntu system.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Programming
5/23/2016
Programmer: Steve, Consultant replied 2 years ago
Steve
Steve, Consultant

Hi, my name is***** you still need help with this? A couple of questions:

1) Is this bash or what scripting language?

2) "Ask if a wall needs to be sent" -- you mean a warning message of some kind? What's a wall?

3) I would think that "all valid inputs" would include the amount of time to wait before shutting the system down or rebooting, so that would be an additional input

1. Yes

2. yes it is a write all message that a shutdown is about to happen

3. correct at least 30 minutes.

Ok, attached is an offer. If you approve it, I can get the script to you by the end of the day today (5/24). If you don't accept it, I can opt out and see if another expert can help you.

Hi there. They raised the dollar value of this question for me, so if you still want it, I can give you the script today. When I provide it to you and it looks OK, you'll need to accept my answer and rate me at least 3 stars. Does that sound like a good plan?

Here's the script. Once you're happy with it, please accept my answer and rate me accordingly. Thanks! Have a great night!

you have charged $55.00 to my account it was not authorized by me bad practice replenish my account ASAP! Your script was to be on a word document.

I don't have anything to do with the billing, sorry. I'll refer this to customer service. You haven't accepted the answer yet, so I don't know why you got charged. Here's the script in a Word document.

I realize you declined the offer, but I created the script and put it in a Word document and posted it here. Unless you accept my answer, I don't get paid anything for helping you and writing the script. Can you tell me how it worked out and accept the answer please?