Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

I need to help with excel 2013 how to edit Microsoft office

Customer Question
button or other word...
I need to help with excel 2013 how to edit Microsoft office button or other word File Ribbon
thanks David
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Programming
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/6/2016
Programmer: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Hi David. My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.
I am uploading a pdf file with detailed instructions to help you customize the ribbon in Excel 2013 to best suit your needs. I hope that I have provide the information that you were seeking. If so, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!
My apologies. I uploaded the doc file. I will also provide the pdf file as it can be easily read on almost any device.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Alison thank you for your answerI’m sorry my question I did not ask right way therefore I would like to ask question again with more details. Please forgive me for thatI need to know macro code how to disable in Excel 2013 “FILE” Ribbon but not other Ribbon
Eg FILE Ribbon has sub menu like that :
Save as , Open , I like to disable this commandsI mange to do on Excel 2007 all the Ribbon including Microsoft Office Button. Now we have upgrade to 2013 Excel. In 2013 excel I can hide or disable other Ribbon but not File RibbonI’m using Custom UI editorIf you need more delis I’m happy send to youYour help much appreciatedDavid
0064212321493 NZ
You're very welcome I know from previous research that you can't hide the file tab on the ribbon ( see https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Customize-the-ribbon-in-Office-00f24ca7-6021-48d3-9514-a31a460ecb31 under Hide or Remove a Default tab). It may not be possible to hide the File Ribbon either. Please give ma few moments to look into this further.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you
I'm sorry David, I can't find anyway to do this in 2013. I will opt out in the hopes that someone else can help. You won't have to repeat anything, When another experts picks up the question, they will see our previous discussion. You will be notified by email when someone picks it up. Have a great evening & weekend!
GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist