Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

Good day I need help on excel formulas.

Customer Question
Good day I need help on...
Good day
I need help on excel formulas.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Programming
4/6/2016
Programmer: Russell H., Programmer & Coder replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Programmer & Coder
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. What help do you need?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is it possible to chat on skype ?
Not for me at the moment, unfortuately. If that's necessary for you, I will Opt Out in favor of a Skype-enabled Expert.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need to make a loyality programme. I will be using sms keywords to add data to my backend.Hence i need a backend record keeping. Members shall receive cards in 16 digit format. Serialised from 0. I ll group these into 5 members. And i want to have their record as follows. Pls find attached file. Now
I have draw table . On Q2 i want a formula that says, If G1:P2 amount have been paid then one Random member should be paid and that member should be paid hence the record should go to its own chart "beneficiaries paid" I have also alternative chart.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its fine will continue like this if you don t have skype.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need a Random cell selector formula in other words.
That sounds vaguely like a lottery, but the important point is: I don't think I have the expertise to do this task, I'm sorry to say.I have Opted Out of this case, in favor of an Expert with the skills needed for this task. Thank you for your patience.
Programmer: Richard, Consultant replied 1 year ago
Richard, Consultant
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me the formula in your own words please? This will be easierSo example, if cells G1:P2 are not empty then randomly select a cell between G1: P2Just so I can envision what your trying to do please
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Richard
Welcome to the rescue.Yes thats exactly what i want .
I want one cell to be randomly selected so a Random formula should apply here or and IF formula . Once all have payments added to those cell then one cell should be selected and sent to Payouts chart.i hope you understand.
ok, let me check it out for you.
Where is the payouts chart?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
payouts is "beneficiaries paid"
ok, check this version please, I made a custom function called PickReturn and you put in the row number as the valueyou see it in Q2 Is this what you needed? File is here http://ge.tt/5raddTZ2
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok let me try to summarize:
I will have members receiving cards in series. 16 digit number preferably. once they register by sms like sending their card number and names. our system must receive the info and store it on one chart showing the process of having registered under "personal details register".
once registered the clients are going to deposit funds. once they receive the reference from bank they sms it to us . now the amount they deposited shall come in its page "bank confirmations" and then by means of formulas be entered and automatically come to draw table.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
let me check your version
ok, though I coded it to the requirements I explained to you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am trying to download the file from ge.tt and also created a free account but to no avail. please advise how to download?
you just click download on the left
ATLPROG
ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer