Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

When I create any animation in Adobe Animate, there is a thick…

Customer Question
When I create any animation...
When I create any animation in Adobe Animate, there is a thick gray bar on the right and bottom of the animation that I can't seem to get rid of. I've gone so far as to just create a file with a simple static image (so it is not a complex animation file) and it still gives me the border. It also makes the animation THAT much bigger so when I place it in Dreamweaver, it doesn't fit in the space I need it to. Why is Animate defaulting to have a gray bar on two sides. I've been able to go into the code and change the color of the bar, but can't delete it. PLEASE HELP.
Thanks, :)
Sarah
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Programming
Other info: I am creating the animation as an HTML5 Canvas and exporting JS, HTML, and OAM files through Publish Settings. I insert the Animated Composition into Dreamweaver (.OAM file). Also, before Dreamweaver even comes into play...the gray border on two sides appears when I preview in the Browsers.
4/1/2016
Programmer: Russell H., Programmer & Coder replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Programmer & Coder
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. That might perhaps be the Pastebar. Try going toViewand then disabling the Pastebar. If that's not it, let me know, and I will have other suggestions to offer. Thanks.
I tried that and it did not work. I added a screen shot which shows a yellow box (which is the background color of the animation). As you can see, there is the gray border on the right side and bottom that pushes the size of the animation out of its dimensions. Let me know. Thanks. -Sarah
Thank you for the graphic, that helps me assess the situation. I have to ask:1. is the gray border the one just below the yellow area?2. could the gray border represent (if it is the area below and to the right of the black area) the minimum size of an intended use of the animation in a given theoretical or actual computer screen size, e.g. 800 x 600 pixels, or 640 x 380 pixels, etc. ?
The light gray bar under and to the right of the yellow is correct. This page is a simple HTML page made with tables. It's not a responsive website. So I don't think screen resolution has anything to do with it. It shows the bars in preview mode too.
"light gray bar under and to the right of the yellow is correct."- A. do you mean it is not the problem?- B. or do you mean I was correct at guessing it as the bar that is what you are asking about?
Sorry...I meant you were correct about what bar I was talking about. :)
Thanks for clearing that up.
The light gray looks to me like a 'layer' that is foregrounded ( a top-level layer ) at the bottom, but not at the right side. If you want to find out what layer it is, and are patient, try coloring each layer orange or green or something else distinctive, seeing what the result it for each such test-coloring, then removing it and moving on to the next layer, and seeing what the result for that is, etc., until the light gray changes to that test color.That will locate the problem.Then, you may deal with moving, resizing, or even removing that layer or 'entity' or whatever it is called.
That makes it look like a 'tool' in Dreamweaver. So how does it display when used in a web page, period?
Before I bring it into Dreamweaver, I preview the HTML file in a browser and it has the border on it. I have even uploaded it to the web and still the border.
Can you put the HTML file in a well, html file, and let me look at it? I'm quite good at Html code. I could spot the problem at once that way, I think, though it might not obviously lead back to specifics in Dreamweaver or other design program.
Here are the files that get exported from Animate. (Including the html file) ...which defaults to a gray background (same color as the border that comes out when I bring it into Dreamweaver.
Any Luck?
Unfortunately, all I'm getting is a yellow-orange rectangle. In both of two browsers. As HTML it appears not to have the error you attribute to it! try the ZIP file you posted yourself, in a browser, and see. But this gets me no closer to telling what the L-shaped artifact you ask about is.
Do you think because Animate is relatively new that it may be a bug? Or maybe I will try it on another computer. Could it be a setting on my laptop that is causing this? (I just bought a new laptop and this is the first animation I've done on it). I'm just trying to think outside the box. We can close out this deal if you think that we are at the end of the rope. haha.
Give this file a quick look. I made the background BLACK so you should be able to view the gray background when it is placed in the table easily. I feel like you may have not seen it because the background color may have been similar. Sorry this is such a pain!
What browser program are you using in your laptop, to view the result (when it is HTML) ? Internet Explorer perhaps? I tried that, and it still looked just like a yellow-orange rectangle :( I'm looking at the latest version you posted...
The test-animate html file produced something:A green rectangle with an L-shaped gray portion on, or in, it.(And some empty cells around that.) The test html file produces... nothing. So in the test-animate file, what is the green? is it background?