Russell H., Programmer & Coder
Experience:  Programmer & Coder
13568747

I am planning a "Distance Calculator" trying Programmatic

Customer Question

I am planning a "Distance Calculator" trying Programmatic techniques.
I need Programming Steps in order to achieve my goal:
I currently created an ASP.NET Web Application within Visual Studio. I have 6 labels and 6 textboxes.
I need to Get user input from my local web page and implement a Web API Interface Demo.
I need to Perform a JSON POST request with following data:
pointA
y
z
pointB
y
z
I need to Use the endpoint: https://3l7tgxdiv5.execute-api.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/prod
I need to display "SessionId was:" and "Distance between points is:" to a user on the bottom of the screen.
Can someone help me with this task?
Thank you.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do what I can to provide the right answer to your question.

What parts do you need help with? I understand the steps you have mentioned. But, do you just need help in general programmatic steps to take in order? or do you require ASP.NET code?

Or is it just the front end page with the 6 labels and 6 textboxes that is ASP.NET, and might the back-end, the invisible stuff, be in e.g. JavaScript?

If so, then you might want to calculate the distance between the pointA and pointB in coordinates, by the formula (renaming pointB's x y and z as a b and c):

distance = SquareRoot( ( a - x )squared + ( b - y )squared + ( c - z )squared )

Let me know how I may help you further. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Russell,Thank you for the formula! I actually need ASP.NET code. I have the front end, but I need a complete solution. It is understanding the steps in order to post to the server. I now understand that it is a regular "post" that I need to implement for a Web API. I also now understand that the API does the calculating, based on user input. A little bit ago, I went on Expert's Exchange to ask for some live help. The programmer, there, agreed to send me the ASP.NET C# ***** within the next 24 hours. I am awaiting that response, unless you can provide a faster-response C# ***** that returns a simple implementation. Otherwise, I also still need to code "validation" to the ASP.NET web page, in which, I could use that additional help from JustAnswer -- and that is something that I would be willing to pay you for.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear that, and will Opt Out (having at least clarified your question.)

You see, I could do JavaScript back-end programming for the functions you need, I think. But ASP code and even more especially C# ***** I have not the expertise to do.

Opting Out means that the case will be opened to other Experts in this category.