Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I recorded a macro, now I need to get the macro to another…

Customer Question
I recorded a macro for...
I recorded a macro for excel, now I need to get the macro to another person who needs to apply it to a particular excel file. Please give me the steps to get the macro to her and how exactly does she need to use it...
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Programming
Answered in 1 day by:
3/17/2016
Programmer: SladeV, Computer Repairer replied 2 years ago
SladeV
SladeV, Computer Repairer

My name is***** will help you too the best of my ability. The best thing that you can do is wipe, what information they don't need from the workbook and send it too her as a attachment in a email. You can also, type a set of instructions in a document and proceed too do the same thing.

those Macros work only in the worksheet that I wrote them in? You cannot apply them to a different Worksheet.To put the macros together Can I remove END SUB & the few starting lines then will they all work with only 1 activation?

Yes, cause, you are actually, writing a section of vb too that worksheet. You can send her that section of code and should work if there are no issues on there end.

I am not in depth familiar with how macro's are so I can not say.

I have one command left that I need to make that I can NOT recordI want to write a macro that will sum part of a column of numbers where the number of rows varies.In the attached file Shift+Ctrl+M is a macro that makes a selection of a variable number of rowsIn the attached file Shift+Ctrl+N & Ctrl+Shift+O are macros recorded different ways to make a sum using a variable # ***** rows, however they repeat only the exact number of rows when the recording was done.I want to combine these two macros so that I can make a sum of a variable # ***** rows
Forget the previous messageI have one command left that I need to make that I can NOT recordI want to write a macro that will sum part of a column of numbers where the number of rows varies.Since I am unable to send an xlsm file only an xlsx the code for the macros are included in the file. Please copy the lines of the macros and drop them into actual macros so you can see what I'm talking about.
In the attached file Shift+Ctrl+T is a macro that makes a selection of a variable number of rows
In the attached file Shift+Ctrl+U shows a recorded macro to make a sum using a variable # ***** rows, however they repeat only the exact number of rows when the recording was done.I want to combine these two macros so that I can make a sum of a variable # ***** rowsThank you for your help.

I'm not sure if you can easily, declare a variable like that. You will likely have too do this in VB and say something like A1 - A5 add them together and if cell A6 < 5 this will happen else A6 > = this will happen

What is a good resource to figure that out. That is to vague for me. Last programming I did was FORTRAN in college.
You know of a online book that I can look up specifics like that? Or...

That is defiantly, a older programming language. It's kind of using basic logic and things that you should know in excel formula's. Probably, the best too figure it out is google what parts your unsure of, like how too add a row of columns in excel. I don't know of any online books, that would explain it but, you could also, try youtube

ATLPROG
ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer