Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I have a question about using jquery-file-upload to upload a…

Customer Question
I have a question about...
I have a question about using jquery-file-upload to upload a picture to my webserver and returning the file name so that I can post it to a different page.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Programming
3/11/2016
Programmer: Ingo U, Software Engineer replied 2 years ago
Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer

I'd like to take a look at your script.

Please attach or upload (e.g. to a file sharing site)
all relevant details, requirements, work in progress and any related file(s)

For multiple files, it is often easiest to put them all into a compressed
(i.e. zip) folder so you only have upload one item.

Thanks,
Ingo

PS An easy file sharing site to use is wikisend.com.
Go to www.wikisend.com and upload the file there (no need to sign up).
You will then get a page that has the File ID and Download Link.
Copy either the File ID (a 6-digit number) or the Download Link.
Then come back here and paste it in your reply.

Here is the link to my php file that includes the jquery-file-upload code: http://wikisend.com/download/583316/aishlaypapp.phpIf you need the jquery-file-upload scripts you can find everything you need at https://github.com/blueimp/jQuery-File-UploadPlease add the necessary code to the aishlaypapp.php file. Ideally I would like to create a variable that can be posted to php form for every file uploaded to the server. The script allows for multiple file uploads. Also, I found the following code online but I can't figure you how to add it to my form.// Storing the file name in the queue
var fileName = "";// On file add assigning the name of that file to the variable to pass to the web service
$('#fileupload').bind('fileuploadadd', function (e, data) {
$.each(data.files, function (index, file) {
fileName = file.name;
});
});// On file upload submit - assigning the file name value to the form data
$('#fileupload').bind('fileuploadsubmit', function (e, data) {
data.formData = {"file" : fileName};
});Please let me know if I can get you any more information.
I took the code out of the demo they provided for their basic uploader and patched it into my application.

I'm sorry,
After reviewing the question, I regret that I won't be able to assist you at this time.

I am opting out and opening the question up to other professionals here who may be able to help.

Regards,
Ingo U