Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

JustAnswer Background I'm using Windows 7 Professional 64bit…

Customer Question
JustAnswer Background I’m using Windows 7 Professional...
JustAnswer
Background
I’m using Windows 7 Professional 64bit and Visual Studio 2012 Express
Unfortunately I’ve had a stroke that left me with locked-in syndrome so I can’t use the mouse or keyboard but I still have my normal brain
I use a button switch on my finger and an Arduino to give an off or on signal and access to the associated event handlers
I’ve been using a switch and program called Ezkeys but the company has been sold and it’s gone off the market
It’s fairly old and will only just work – I can’t use Windows Explorer and use Firefox Nightly
I’m trying to write an alternative for myself in C# ***** the help of my sonI need a way to make the button down and up events common to everything in the namespace which will hold multiple classes and timers
Am I using the right language
Am I dreaming about what is now impossible
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Programming
3/9/2016
Programmer: comp_audio, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
comp_audio
comp_audio, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I going to try and assist the best I can. Please start by telling me which arduino board your using? I know you are using C#, but there are other alternatives that I think might work for you with the arduino board. If you could also send me a pic of your hardware would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have a Toshiba Satellite C70-B running Windows 7 64bit
I don't know the name of my Arduino because my son supplied and programmed it
it opens a virtual com port and uses the dataReceivedEventHandler (I think)
it's also able to disable Ezkeys
I'm 71 retired and this is just to keep my brain active

I think it is great. I would love to help getting another alternative since you no longer want to use EZKeys. However, I do need to know the Arduino board model, and possibly the code too. Is your sone available to get that info?

I've been in touch with my son and he would prefer to keep that information private

I understand. No worries. Wish I could have been of more help. But without at least some of that info, I am at a loss and would not be able to help you further. I wish you luck, and truly hope that someone out there who has extensive C# ***** skills can help you. Myself I am an Arduino geek, and have done several projects with them. Anyways, Take care and God Bless.

thanks
Programmer: BigDish101,
 replied 2 years ago
BigDish101

I'd recommend finding out what Stephen Hawking uses and try to obtain the same thing.

Stephen uses ACAT from Intel
it's to specific and requires the full version of Visual Studio 2012
when I looked recently it's au$1911
thanks but no thanks
BigDish101
BigDish101
BigDish101