Jinsmn
Jinsmn, Computer Science Teacher
Experience:  Qualified professional. More than 10 years of experience in C and CPP
50064670

I am publishing Captivate products as .swf files. Is there

Customer Question

I am publishing Captivate products as .swf files. Is there any way to customize the output Icon away from the standard .swf?
Category: Programming
Expert:  Jinsmn replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

An swf file is a document only and has no icon data inside it. Icon of an swf file will change as per the program assigned to open the SWF file. To assign an icon file you should create EXE from swf. You can use tools like ZINC (http://www.brothersoft.com/zinc-for-windows-59480.html) and MProjector (http://www.screentime.com/software/flash-projector) to create EXEs from swf files and those tools giving you the option to assign your own icons for EXEs.

Regards
Jins