Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

I am building a movie database that i am struggling to come

Customer Question
up with some of the...
I am building a movie database that i am struggling to come up with some of the queries.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Programmer I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That is what I am thinking but I need to create sql queries for 10 situations:
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Programmer should know?
Customer: yes, I will provide the situations: 1) A customer requests the titles of all movies that are directed by "George Lucas" or by“Rich Christiano”. Write a single query that retrieves this information.2) Management requests the names of all currently active customers, as well as the nameof the current plan in which each of these customers is enrolled. Write a single query thatretrieves this information.3) A customer wants to add a movie to their queue so that the newly added movie will bethe next movie they receive. Develop a parameterized stored procedure thataccomplishes this, then invoke the stored procedure for a customer of your choosing.4) A customer requests the titles of all the DVD’s that he or she has not rented. Write asingle query that retrieves this information for a customer of your choosing.5) A customer cancels their membership and does not return a rented DVD, necessitatingthat a $25 DVD replacement fee be charged to their account. Develop a parameterizedstored procedure that accomplishes this, then invoke the stored procedure for a customerof your choosing.6) A customer enrolled in the two-at-a-time plan cancels their membership. When acustomer cancels their membership, they become inactive, but their DVD queue andrental history remains in the database, in the event they return as a customer. Develop aparameterized stored procedure that accomplishes this, then invoke the stored procedurefor a customer of your choosing.7) Management requests the names of all movies that are currently sold out. A movie is soldout if all copies of the movie are currently rented and not yet returned. Write a singlequery that retrieves this information for management.8) Management requests identification of the plan with the most customer enrollees, and forthat plan, the name, number of DVDs allowed at one time, and the number of customerenrollees. Write a single query that retrieves this information for management.9) Management requests the names of all customers, and for each customer, the titles ofthe movies that they rented multiple times. For each title, management would like to seethe number of times it was rented by the customer, only including titles that the customerrented more than once. If a customer has no rentals, or did not rent any movies multipletimes, management does not want to see them in the list. Write a single query thatretrieves this information for management.10) Management requests the titles of all movies, and for each movie, the number of differentcustomers that rented the movie. They would like the list to be ordered from the highestnumber of different rentals to the lowest number. Multiple rentals of the same movie bythe same customer only count as one unique rental. Management is interested in thenumber of different customers that rented the movie, but not whether the same customerrented the same movie more than once. Write a single query that retrieves thisinformation for management.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Programmer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Programming
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This also needs considered when creating the queries: A complete schema design will allow all ten of these use cases to be
addressed in full. For use cases where information is requested, provide a single query to
retrieve the information. For use cases that require data modification, develop a stored
procedure that performs the modifications, and invoke the store procedure. The store
procedures you create should be designed to be reusable, by making use of one or more
parameters. For example, the stored procedure for use case #***** should use a parameter to
specify the particular customer’s queue that will be modified.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was doing this code with Oracle SQL 12c.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was able to solve use case 1 and 2. I'm working on 3 now.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have added the tables and data.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was able to solve use case 3. I'm working on 4 now.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If anybody can help, I'm willing to pay 100-150.
Answered in 1 day by:
3/1/2016
Programmer: Leela-TheProgrammer, Computer Software Engineer replied 1 year ago
Leela-TheProgrammer
Leela-TheProgrammer, Computer Software Engineer

This is Leela and I will try to help you with the question today.

Can you please let me know the current status of the work and with which question you need help with.

Also please let me know if there is any deadline.

Thanks,

Leela

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The deadline has already passed... Thank you for trying to help anyway...
ATLPROG
ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer