Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I am ring a freelancer to build a webpage client that will…

Customer Question
I am hiring a freelancer...
I am hiring a freelancer to build a webpage for a client that will calculate a price based on square footage and use that to generate a bill payable via PayPal. The client has not yet provided me with PayPal credentials. What should I give the Freelancer to enable him to start working on the project before the client gives me PayPal Credentials?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Programming
2/26/2016
Programmer: rakhi.v,
 replied 2 years ago
rakhi.v

Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

In my opinion, there is nothing that you should give upfront. The only thing that you should or he should require is a confirmatory communication citing the quantum of work, approximate cost and the method of billing. This should suffice.

However, if the freelancer is expecting more, at the most you can offer him not more than 10% of the expected cost as advance.

Nothing more from any angle is required as this juncture if I understand your situation correctly.

I am sure this would help.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards,

This answer has nothing at all to do with my question. This question should have been directed to a web or technical person not a financial or legal consultant. I do not want to rate your response, because I think it would be unfair to you. Please resubmit this question to a technical person.
Programmer: rakhi.v,
 replied 2 years ago

Dear Friend,

Sorry for this. I am opting out. However, I would add something more here.

To enable him to start working on your site / page, you will need to give him your content of the site. This will include the Text, photographs if any, and your logo (Company / name) etc.

There are instances when the developer writes / creates the content. In this case you will have explain him and give details of the work / business that you have and the products. If you intend to sell / give pricing information, you will have to supply him with that as well.

I am opting out from this. However, the above is just as a personal note from me. I appreciate that you did not rate negatively on this.

I wish you great luck going ahead.

Thank you. It's actually a technical question about what credentials (i.e. API, username, password, sandbox info), not how to work with a freelancer.
Programmer: rakhi.v,
 replied 2 years ago

You are most welcome.

These are the mandatory information that you will need to give him.

Warm Regards,

Programmer: Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

I think i know what you are asking......What can the FreeLancer (FL) BEGIN to work on, while the Paypal credentials are in limbo?

Is that it?

IF so, and assuming the FL has about a week worth of work (ofcourse this depends WILDLY on the size/complexity/content of the website/webpage) which is typical of like a 5 page site with some basic static content, maybe a video or 2.

The FL can begin the site Layout, arrange the pages, begin the headings, choosing colors and placement, and could probably get about half of the site complete before needing the necessary credentials to make the site more of an E-commerce site which would require Paypal and that kind of stuff.

.

Is this the type of Answer you were looking for?

The FL shouldnot NEED anything to CREATE the site except a computer, and the Webpage creator software (typicaly Adobe software), and a general direction as to what the site should look like and how it should be navigated.

.

These are considerd tools of the trade, and every good FL will bring their OWN tools.

So, you really dont have to provide much, but a general idea for how it shoudl look and navigate.

.

Helping?

However, if you have a suppository of content that you want the FL to be able to access, and its being stored in an online account.....its always been my experience that you shoudl not give ANYBODY access to ANY online accounts.

And instead opt to provide the site content on a portable drive......ENCRYPTED with a password ***** can share with the FL. Just in case the drive gets lost, nobody else will be able to use the content without the password.

Other than that..........and assuming this is NOT an E-commerce site.......FL doesn't need much to get started.

As the project progress's though......changes and addendum's will almost certainly cause a slow-down.....so be flexible with the deadline.

Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070