Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I'm getting this error in Woocommerce & it's breaking my…

Customer Question
I'm getting this error in...
I'm getting this error in Woocommerce & it's breaking my site:
WordPress database error User 'low_tech1' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 75000) for query SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_umdc_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_umdc_term_taxonomy AS tt ON t.term_id = tt.term_id WHERE t.term_id = 44 made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), include('/themes/loft/taxonomy-product_cat.php'), get_footer, locate_template, load_template, require_once('/themes/loft/footer.php'), wp_nav_menu, wp_get_nav_menu_object, get_term
I was given this error message from my support team through WP Essentials re:why my site keeps going down. I am only a designer & don't understand code. Thanks. Shelley
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Programming
All plug-ins and theme are up to date. My theme name is Loft.
2/24/2016
Programmer: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Hello Shelley, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, can you tell me roughly how many days ago was the first time you seen this issue occur?

Also, where are you hosting your wordpress site, godaddy, hostgator, bluehost, etc?

First time this happened was yesterday. I was working uodating products in my store when i was taken to a page to reinstall wordpress. Tech support cleared queries and I was good to work in my site again today for half hour then it happened again. Today I was told to update plug-ins and delete inactive plug-ins - this worked. After that I updated products for another half hour when I got an error page that said too many redirects. I called tech support and they cleared all permissions and got site back up again, but sent me the error message that they discovered and suggested it could be something going on with woo commerce.I host with Fat Cow.

Do you know if you pay for automatic site backups with fatcow?

https://secure.fatcow.com/product/site-backups/index.bml

And currently, are you able to get into your admin control panel for your wordpress site where you make changes to the themes, settings, etc?

I pay for auto backups. And yes I can get into the admin.

In that case.. probably the easiest way to get back to a working point.

Would be to restore a backup of your page from the day, or the day before any of these issues started.

With that being said, are you still getting this error?

User 'low_tech1' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 75000) for query SELECT

?

I hope I'm not going to pay you $51 to recommend I use my backup. How does this work?
Seems as though the issue was caused by my hosting plan not being large enough to handle all of the queries. I have increased my hosting plan to accommodate a store the size I am currently building. Fat Cow seems to think this will resolve the issue! I hope so.

I wasnt recommending the back up as a solution. That would have helped with the errors you were facing due to new themes, etc.

I did ask about if you were still receiving the same error, this one " User 'low_tech1' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 75000) for query SELECT"

That error has specifically to do with how many times per day your database is being accessed to make changes to your wordpress site. It is a block from your host. However, this error didnt occur from other people accessing the site but from your own attempts to edit the site. Its possible one of the themes or plugins you added was constantly accessing your file manager folders.

If your host says that an increased hosting plan will solve the issue, then maybe the issue is solved.

However, if that same error comes back ( this time with a number higher then 75000 I would assume if your host upgraded you as they mentioned)

If the error comes back, we would want to look carefully through your plugins and see which one ( probably a page backup plugin ) might have been causing the issue to begin with.

Other wise, keep me posted~

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.