Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

Here is the question I am asked to complete on a 4 tab

Customer Question
Here is the question...

Here is the question I am asked to complete on a 4 tab spreadsheet. You are provided with a list of accounts with basic information on the account (one single line per account), a list of transactions pertaining to the same accounts (could be multiple lines for each account), and a table that categorizes the transaction using transaction codes. You are asked to display one line per account in the format listed on the Results tab. How would you accomplish this in Excel and in Access?

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes programming issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Programmer I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Programmer should know?

After that I need to know how to create the data in access

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Programming
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/18/2016
Programmer: Richard, Consultant replied 2 years ago
Richard, Consultant

Hi there and welcome

You would achieve this in Access as this is specifically what access is designed to do (database storing and query / reporting).

Is this all you needed to know?

No I need to know the formula for excel and the instruction. Also the instruction to complete the same information in Access

But its being done in Access, what is needed from Excel?

You mean you just want the query in access right?

No it needs to be done in both
The formula for vlookup in excel and the query for access

ok, do you have the Excel and Access file so the formulas can be made?

Can you attach them to this question please. Use the Attach File button

Just a minute

thanks

I added the file
Here is the question again:
You are provided with a list of accounts with basic information on the account (one single line per account), a list of transactions pertaining to the same accounts (could be multiple lines for each account), and a table that categorizes the transaction using transaction codes. You are asked to display one line per account in the format listed on the Results tab. How would you accomplish this in Excel and in Access?

thanks, ***** ***** need your Access File but I did the Excel for you here

http://wikisend.com/download/307336/Exercise+Excel_Access+2016+Clear[1].xls

How did you gi with it? As I never heard back from you once I gave you the answer.

Sorry fell asleep

ok, I did it for you, it is available on the link I gave.

I didn't want you to actually do it. I wanted the instruction on how you would do it on excel and access so that I may explain it to someone. I sent the spreadsheet so that you may see the data
I wanted an explanation in words
This is frustrating when you pay for something you are not getting

please just wait a minute and ill explain it....

On how you would complete it in both excel and access please

Its using a vlookup to get this information and you can see the formula being used

The first part is the criteria, so it is referencing the ID as what to actually find

The second part of the formula is where to look, and you include all columns starting from where the ID is till you reach the column to return the data for.

Then 3rd part is what number column to return from the range in the second part of the formula

The last part is if the formula can match an approximate match or an exact.

I still do not have the access file from you so cannot do this until you provide it via http://ge.tt

I looked at the spreadsheet you completed and there is one line of nothing. How do I get a refund? This was not like the reviews

I do not know what your looking at, but its not the file I gave you, as the first row in results has the data, and the following rows the formula.

But you can contact customer service for your refund.

It's not there. The formula has false all in it. Your FAQ for refunds tells me to ask for a different programmer

Then your not looking at the file I gave you, as its there, 100%, downloaded it again from my link and confirmed. But I thought you now did not want the formula but the explanation about it which I provided you before when asked?

Anyway, no problem, you can contact customer service for the refund your requesting.

Thanks and all the best

Your explanation was not clear at all so I looked at the spreadsheet to see if that would help with your explanation and that didn't help because it was one line on the results page with false a in it. I only wanted the explanation for both excel and access, not for it to be done

No problem at all.

thanks