Robert Preston
Robert Preston, Programming Tutor
Experience:  PHP, MySQL, XHTML, CSS, SEO, Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress, C++, C#, etc
14124282

I want you to develop working mock-up of a mobile web site,

Customer Question

I want you to develop working mock-up of a mobile web site, where you provided required throw-away images and nonsense text as placeholders to program the layout and navigation features. The site will be hosted on our existing Linux hosting service. After you are done, I am able to work with your mockup to add the real images and other content without assistance. I am good at building/editing on an existing coded site, working in the code view, not using a development program.Navigation:
The mobile site is to emulate the "USA Today" mobile application (in vertical orientation only).
- Left Right sweep for 5 pages with .jpg backgrounds movement similar to the app.
- preferably stationary logo, overlays the backgrounds and does not move with the 5 pages.
- other text overlaying background on each of the 5 pages moves with the pages.
- The 5 "home pages" also scroll up exposing a single column (not 5 columns) of content below (like the app)You should include links to 5 other simple vertical scrolling pages, that use the entire screen, replacing the left-right sweep pages.There are 3 specific content items that need to be accomadated.1. Our logo is a Font that is not on any system, so I will be installing it a .gif with transparent background so it can overlay a page background.2. The main horizontal menu on our "desktop-web" web site will be carried over to the mobile site, except the buttons will be stacked vertically to fit on a mobile screen. You will have access to out development site that has a copy of our production site.3. We have many-many PayPal "Buy-Now" buttons on our site. The mockup site that you prepare should include a couple of our existing PayPal buttons. You can copy the code for these example buttons from our desktop web site on the development site that you will have read-write access to.Number of pages in the mockup
- 5 left right scroll as described with .jpg backgrounds (just blank colored .jpg image files for now)
- 1 column below the 5 home pages - with sample graphics, text and hyperlinks with sample separation with HorLines.
- 10 full screen pages with vertical scroll - with sample graphics, text and hyperlinks with sample separation with HorLinesSearch
http://mygig-disk.com is our desktop site; it will be redirected to the mobile site for phones, but not tablets.
The mobile site will have a sitemap with Google, but will not be indexed, so it does not need tagging for search.
The mobile site will have canonical pointers to suitable pages on the desktop site to prevent indexing.I am not sure if Google cares about the mobile-quality of this site since it will not be indexed. Hopefully you know about that.Compatibility:
The mockup has to work on iPhones and Android Phones, without content scaling problems using the default platform browser and the most popular alternative browsers, such as Chrome on Android.How to Proceed ?
You should install the USA Today App because that is the paging and navigation concept this site will emulate.
Then, do make an offer for the project, or what do you suggest ?FYI
"The Doctor" at JustAnswer provided the CSS conversion of our Desktop Site about a year ago. He doesn't seem to be around anymore.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

I have reviewed your requirements, and I'm afraid I will not have the time to dedicate to it. I will opt out and allow others to assist.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am suggesting a $2000.00 price for programming and testing this template using the programmer's "place-holder" content. When your template works correctly, you are done, you do not need to deal with my content except for the 3 items noted in the text above (logo.gif, insert paypal button, copy main menu code from desktop web site)But I have added an item . . . . . look at the source code at http://mygig-disk.com. You will see that "The Doctor" from Just Answer used some scripting to make the desktop website display correctly on mobile devices, which it does. With the addition of a mobile web site, I need your help in redirecting mobile devices to the mobile site. I have been told that its possible to detect different types of mobile devices and redirect accordingly. I would prefer that full sized tablets, like the large iPad use the Desktop Site. I want all phones to go to the mobile site.I have attached a screen shot of the USA-Today Application to help illustrate the navigation.When I worked with "The Doctor" from Just Answer, I gave him an authenticated ftp link to our development site. He would post and test his work on our development site.
Expert:  Robert Preston replied 1 year ago.

I can take care of this for you. The only question I have is how would you like to handle the payment? Would you like me to send the offer all at once or do it in steps? Once you get back to me, I can get started today.

Just a little about me, I'm a full stack developer who is currently the Lead Developer at SamCart (samcart.com) and have been a professional web developer for over 10 years. Let me know and I'll send an offer ASAP!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1000 down, 1000 upon completion.Please describe the Web technologies you will be using, such as css, htmlx etc. Please indicate any server side dependencies if any. Please comment on the redirection from the desktop site.Regarding SEARCH, its my understanding thay using canonical links pointing back to relent pages on the desktop site, that the current search behaviors will not be adversely affected by the mobile site. Please comment.Looking forward. I will be back to office in an hour. Can send you credtialed ftp link to server.

Would it be possible to go over some details on Skype or email? I'm in the office so easier for me to communicate there for the moment

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can email***@******.*** or call(###) ###-####

I sent an email your way. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand the issues you raised concerning dynamic properties of the swipe pages on the USA Today app. I also apologize, because I have since received a response from a former co-worker who I going to work with on this project. Again my apologies . . I shouldn't have had 2 offers out there at the same time.

Thanks anyways!