Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I have a new Macbook Air and am trying to install Matlab…

Customer Question
I have a new Macbook...
I have a new Macbook Air and am trying to install Matlab 2009a.
Unfortunately, I receive an error message
a) Can't load library: /Applications/MATLAB_R2009aSV.app//bin/maci64/libactivation.jnlib
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Programming
2/17/2016
Programmer: michelleProgrammer, Web Designer replied 2 years ago
michelleProgrammer
michelleProgrammer, Web Designer

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Are you installing it from a disk or from a downloaded install file?

Are you using a student version of academic\commercial version of matlab

try the below

1) Remove the license.dat file in the Matlab licences directory (/Applications/MATLAB_R2009aSV.app/licenses)

2) Activate another machine:
2.1) Go to: https://www.mathworks.com/accesslogin/myAccount.do
2.2) Click Activate Another Machine
2.3) Provide your serial number (mine was set automatically) and your machine ID.
You get your machine ID by writing the following command in the Terminal:

netstat -I en1

The Machine ID is the set of characters under Address from which you remove all colons. That was the trick for me because this Mac Address corresponds to ethernet 1 and not ethernet 0 (or something like that). Writing netstat -I en0 did not solve my problem.
2.4) Download the license.dat file and put it in the Matlab licenses directory

3) Launch Matlab

let me know how it goes