Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I need help with my online class. Our assignment is due

Customer Question
Sunday February 21st by midnight...
I need help with my online class. Our assignment is due Sunday February 21st by midnight and our first online class isn't till February 21st. This is my assignment. http://wikisend.com/download/560308/IP1.docx. It deals with writing script with Perl. I am using a Apple MacBook Air. Please let me know if you can help. Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Programming
It's been over 24 hours and I haven't heard from anyone that can help me yet. Here is the assignment if the link to my document isn't working.
Your first task at Big Data Datacenter is to show some simple proof of concept types of activities. You will need Perl for the proof of concept activities, so you should download it if it is not already installed on your system.
Management is eager to see how Perl can connect and interact with databases and common gateway interface (CGI) applications.
For the database connection, you will need to download and install the database interface driver (DBI) and show the following using the Big_Data_Servers_Table.xlsx as your guide:
Server Name IP Status
PERLDB1 127.23.22.129 Production
PERLDB2 176.32.22.190 Development
PERLDB3 123.76.32.220 Development• A connection to a database
• A query from the database that returns all of the servers that have status of production
• An insert into the database that adds a new server to the table with ("PERLBD4",128.33.23.198, "Development")
• An update to the database that changes PERLDB2 from development status to production status
• A delete on the database that removes the record information for PERLDB1 because it is no longer in service
For the CGI test, you should connect to the same data source and return the following:
• The number of rows in the Big_Data_Servers_Table.xlsx
• A query that shows all of the production servers
Use the attached spreadsheet as your guide. Your database and CGI tasks should reflect the actions against the spreadsheet as if it were a table in a database.
You can optionally download and install a small database and load it with the data from the spreadsheet. A simple, lightweight database will do, such as one of the following:
• Option 1 http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/database-technologies/express-edition/downloads/index.html
• Option 2 http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/
Complete the following:
• Provide a 2-paragraph summary on how you might use DBI and CGI to manage and report on information in a database.
• Share the syntax that is required to perform the DBI and CGI tasks. Simply cut and paste the Perl commands that you are using into a Word document.
Note: The IP should be completed in Word and should be professional in appearance and free of errors. Think of this as a memo to management where you are demonstrating your capabilities in this area.
Answered in 2 days by:
2/19/2016
Programmer: Russell H., Programmer & Coder replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Programmer & Coder

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I noticed this case has been waiting for a long time, and thought I would make an effort toward the right answer to your question.

That is a very large assignment.

Do you seek an Expert to basically do the whole assignment for you? or just to advise you on the tough poins? or perhaps just to do a portion of it?

Have you gotten started on it at all yet? (no need to duplicate effort.)

I advise you to at least do the downloading, installing, and basic testing (starting of program anyway) of the PERL scripting interpreter package, and also the DBI driver (I would have thought you would need ODBC, but I'm probably wrong on that score.) Without it, you will not be able to test whatever you are offered by whatever Expert takes on this case (if writing the scripting for you is, indeed, the task at any point, even so much as a single line of script code.)

Let me know, please. Thanks.

I have done most of the work already and have received help from another tutor. I no longer need my question answered. Thank you. I have been waiting a long time to hear something and it was only after I had already talked with another tutor that I got the response. Please cancel my question. I tried to cancel it earlier but the site wouldn't let me.
Russell H., Programmer & Coder